Registered Nurse (RN) CVICU
Company: HCA Houston Healthcare Medical Center
Posted on: January 15, 2021
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role?
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's
largest provider of healthcare services as a Registered Nurse (RN)
CVICU. We offer you an excellent total compensation package,
including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, employee stock purchase program. We
would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity. HCA
Houston Healthcare Medical Center -- Houston, TX Registered Nurse
(RN) CVICU HCA Houston Healthcare Medical Center is a 444-bed acute
care hospital in the heart of Houston-'s museum district.
Established in 1975, the hospital has been serving Houston for more
than 40 years. It provides a wide range of medical services,
including cardiology, bariatrics, orthopedics, neurology, emergency
care and more. To learn more about HCA Houston Healthcare Medical
Center, visit . The hospital is affiliated with HCA Houston
Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The
division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient
surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging
facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas.
Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13
off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center. For
more information, visit What you will do in this role:
- Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
Provides general nursing care to assigned patients.
- Acts as a liaison between hospital staff, physician, patient,
and family members.
- Administers medication in a safe, knowledgeable and accurate
manner. Follows laws, regulations, and hospital policy as it
relates to controlled substances.
- Assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of care
for assigned patients, including discharge planning, utilizing an
interdisciplinary team approach.
- Assists the physician with examinations, tests and
- Carries out physician orders in a safe and appropriate
- Communicates with Manager/Director to facilitate efficient
operation of the unit.
- Completes and demonstrates proficiency with unit based clinical
and age-appropriate nursing competencies.
- Complies with applicable hospital policy/procedure.
- Coordinates patient care activities on the unit (assignments,
review orders, physician rounds, and patient flow).
- Accurately documents in the patient-'s record a description of
the nursing care provided.
- Ethics and Compliance. Accountable for behaviors relative to
the values articulated in the Mission & Values Statement -- --Will
act with absolute honesty, integrity and fairness in the way we
conduct our business and the way we live our lives.-- Accountable
for attending annual Code of Conduct training.
- Monitors and observes the patient and accurately records
changes in condition and reaction to medications and
- Notifies appropriate individuals of changes in condition and
utilizes the established chain of command when necessary.
- Participates in hospital performance improvement activities to
improve safety and patient outcomes.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Plans and coordinates patient/family teaching and assesses
understanding of information provided.
- Promotes an atmosphere of collaboration and teamwork by
exhibiting professional behavior that demonstrates a commitment to
the provision of quality patient care and support of a professional
- Provides care and treatment that reflects appropriate infection
control techniques and universal precautions.
- Provides orientation, education, and serves as a mentor for
- Respects the patient-'s privacy and maintains confidentiality
of health care and other information.
- Respects the rights of patients to include their cultural,
psychosocial, and spiritual values.
- Responsible for knowing and complying with the rules and
regulations relating to the education, licensure and practice of
the professional nurse as set forth in the Nurse Practice Act,
Texas Occupations Code and/or other statutes and regulations
relating to the practice of professional nursing.
- Supports the vision, mission and values of the hospital.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing is required. What qualification
you will need:
- Current Texas licensure with State Board of Nurse Examiners as
- Three (3) years of Critical Care in ICU or Emergency Room
experience is required in a hospital setting.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life
Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life
Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and Certification
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Pediatric
Advanced Life Support (PALS) Course and Certification HCA
Healthcare ranks on Fortune-'s list of Most Admired Companies for
three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list.
In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World-'s Most
Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence.
Intrigued? We-'d love to hear from you. If you find this
opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly
review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear
from one of our Talent Acquisition Team. We are actively
interviewing so apply today! We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
Notice Our Company-'s recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking . For questions about your job application or this
site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: HCA Houston Healthcare Medical Center, Houston , Registered Nurse (RN) CVICU, Healthcare , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!