Clinical Veterinarian (Non-human Primates)
Company: Charles River Laboratories, Research Models and Se
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Clinical Veterinarian (Non-human Primates) Location: Houston,
TX, US, 77047 For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked
together to assist in the discovery, development and safe
manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you
will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of
people across the globe. Whether your background is in life
sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play
an important role in the work we perform. In return, we'll help you
build a career that you can feel passionate about. Job Summary We
are seeking a--Clinical Veterinarian--for our Safety Assessment
site located in Houston, Texas. The Clinical Veterinarian--will be
responsible for providing professional veterinary services and
assisting with the management of all phases of health care for the
animal colony. RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide clinical care for the animal colony.
- Perform veterinary rounds as scheduled, and provide clinical
care and preventive medicine support.
- Perform surgical support and provide anesthesia, surgical and
analgesic technical expertise/advice to facilitate protocol
- Assist in the development and deliver training for
staff.--training may include veterinary diagnostics, techniques and
minor surgical procedures.
- Provide animal health care guidance for veterinary services
personnel as required.
- Ensure that reports and other materials are prepared and
submitted as required.
- May participate in the response to internal/external
inspections and quality assurance audits of veterinary or animal
welfare type content.
- Provide support for activities of the Institutional Animal Care
and Use Committee (IACUC), including protocol review, program
review and facility inspections.
- May serve on the IACUC committee.--
- Write, review and update veterinary care and/or necropsy SOPs
- Perform literature searches relating to veterinary subject
- Ensure facility is in compliance with all applicable
regulations, guidelines and standards that relate to animal care
and use (e.g. USDA, FDA, AAALAC).
- Make recommendations and assist in establishing and enhancing
veterinary and animal care standards.
- Use controlled substances and be responsible for maintaining
- May assist in management of the activities of assigned section,
including providing direction to Veterinary
Technicians,--scheduling activities, and personnel development of
veterinary technical team and husbandry staff.--
- Perform special projects and assist with administrative efforts
as needed. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Veterinary degree (D.V.M./V.M.D.)
- Related experience with animal care and surgical
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be
accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education
and experience listed above.
- Licensure to practice veterinary medicine in at least one U.S.
- Ability to practice veterinary medicine in the work state
highly desirable. USDA accreditation or application submitted
within 1 month of hire.
- Proficient in Computers (MS Office Suite).
- Must be organized, can prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Must have strong--communication skills.
- Must be available to be on call on a rotating weekend--shift.
- Experience in a research/lab animal/GLP environment. About
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their
preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment
services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory
guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling
studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our
deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that
anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient
journey to market. Each year approximately 120 investigational new
drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment
facilities. About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization
(CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal
medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery
and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP)
and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through
preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of
products and services to support our clients' clinical laboratory
testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad
portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a
more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs,
enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to
market. With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20
countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to
coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary
perspectives in resolving our client's unique challenges. Our
client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology
companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic
institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased--to
$2.62--billion. At Charles River, we are passionate about our role
in improving the quality of people's lives. Our mission, our
excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all
that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our
work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the
globe. We have proudly supported the development of -85% of the
drugs approved by the FDA in 2019. Charles River Laboratories is an
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet .
Keywords: Charles River Laboratories, Research Models and Se, Houston , Clinical Veterinarian (Non-human Primates), Healthcare , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!