Registered Nurse (RN)- Labor and Delivery
Company: HCA Houston Healthcare West
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just anotheremployee?
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and
inclusionthrive? Submit your application today and find out what it
truly means to be apart of a team. We value your contributions. Our
employee recognition programsencourage our teams to raise the bar.
We are currently seeking a RegisteredNurse to join our family. Come
be a part of the change! We offer you an excellent total
compensation package, includingcompetitive salary, excellent
benefit package and growth opportunities. Webelieve in our team and
your ability to do excellent work with us. Yourbenefits include
401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability,tuition
reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock
purchaseprogram. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic
opportunity. West Houston Medical Center Houston, TX Registered
Nurse (RN) Labor & Delivery (L&D) West Houston Medical Center
offers outstanding inpatient andoutpatient healthcare services
close to your home in west Houston. Built in1985, our 278-bed acute
care hospital is located on RichmondAvenue just east of Dairy
Ashford. West Houston Medical Center boasts a team of more than
1,000people, including 500 physicians, who are committed to the
care and improvementof human life. Our staff includes people from
33 countries and 39 states, adiversity which helps us relate to our
equally diverse community. What you will do in this role:
- Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and
evaluatingcare for assigned patients.
- Reassess patients on an on-going manner.
- Responsible for adhering to the hospital policies and
- Participates in activities to plan, measure, assess and
improvethe quality of patient care.
- Responsible for the application and advanced interpretation
- Performs vaginal exams and identifies: a) presentation,
b)dilatation, c) Station, d) effacement
- L&D nurses (not APU) are responsible for circulating
forCesarean Sections and Tubal Ligations.
- Assists physicians with procedures, as appropriate.
- Assumes the responsibility of charging the unit, as
- Responsible for maintaining customer friendly atmosphere
andcompliance with Refection of Excellence standards.
- Models and reinforces behavior consistent with goals for
teachingthe patient, communicates patient status to appropriate
member of thehealthcare team, and provides support to the family,
Qualifications What qualifications you will need:
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- BSN orcurrently enrolled in BSN program
- Current TX Licensure as an RN.
- Current BCLS certification required
- Acquires and maintains current ACLS certification.
- Acquires and maintains current HCA recommended Fetal
- 2 years current Labor & Delivery experience. HCA Healthcare
ranks on Fortune s list of Most Admired Companiesfor three
consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list.
Inaddition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World s Most Ethical
Companies. Wewant you to join our tradition of excellence.
Intrigued? We d love to hear fromyou. If you find this opportunity
compelling, we encourage you toapply. We promptly review all
applications. If you are highly qualified youwill hear from one of
our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so applytoday! We are
an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at ourcompany. We
do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color,
nationalorigin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status,
veteran status, ordisability status.
Notice Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here .For questions about your job application or
this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-###-#### option 1.
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, care, coronary, intensive care,
intensive care unit, mhb, nurse clinical, registered nurse, staff
Keywords: HCA Houston Healthcare West, Houston , Registered Nurse (RN)- Labor and Delivery, Healthcare , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!