Company: Memorial Hermann
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Welcome to Memorial Hermann where each of our more than 27,000
employees and 6,700 affiliated physicians share a commitment to
helping one another, our patients and our communities. Here, you'll
work alongside the best professionals in the business with the goal
of providing the best care possible. We offer an employment
experience like no other, and we've proudly served this community
for more than 110 years. At Memorial Hermann, the health of our
community is always at the center of what we do.
- Job Type: Full-Time, Part-Time
- Job Level: Senior
- Travel: Varies by role SUCCESS PROFILE What makes someone
successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the
- Detail Oriented
- Helpful JOB DESCRIPTION Title Supplemental Physician, Hospital
Medicine-1 Location 909 Frostwood, Houston, TX 77024 Category
Practitioners Type Part time Requisition 100106583 Date posted
At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional experiences
for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide
opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and
grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial
Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its
established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees
drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it. Job
SummaryTo provide medical expertise and oversight of care that is
being provided through the Memorial Hermann Healthcare System. The
physician is expected to exercise the highest level of expertise in
order to optimize quality of care.Job Description Minimum
Qualifications: Education: Graduation from an accredited school of
- Current state medical license, current Federal Drug Enforcement
Agency license, state controlled substance license and staff
privileges at all the hospitals for which coverage is being
- Board certified or Board eligible;
- Basic Cardiac Life Certification; and
- Advanced Cardiac Life Certification. Experience / Knowledge /
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and communication
- Exhibits teamwork skills that facilitate interchange between
multidisciplinary health care workers in order to provide quality
- Superior problem solving skills.
- Is articulate and an active listener.
- Addresses issues/concerns with the Memorial Hermann Healthcare
System in a timely fashion.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by
integrating our culture in all internal and external customer
interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health"
through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration,
compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Attend and actively participate in hospital multidisciplinary
rounds on all patients which the hospitalist service is the primary
service and when appropriate or requested when the hospitalist
service is in the co-management or consultative role.
- Cover Code Blue and Rapid Responses in accordance with the
campus code committee's recommendations.
- Provide admission services for the Emergency Department,
incoming transfer patients, and direct or emergent admissions in
accordance with the hospital on call schedule and patient
- Provide co-management services for subspecialty services when
such services are within the scope and designation of privileges
for the hospitalist Provider.
- Provide consultative services for members of the Medical Staff
when such services are within the scope and designation of
privileges for the hospitalist Provider.
- Accept transfers of care from other clinical service lines if
the patient is deemed appropriate for the hospitalist service
provided there is a physician to physician hand off communication
related to the patient's clinical course and the hospitalist
attending accepts the patient in transfer.
- Provide transfer center call for incoming non-critical care
medical patients in accordance with the hospital's on call
- Provide timely evaluation of patients admitted to the hospital
in accordance Medical Executive Committee bylaws.
- Abide and conform to Hospital tenants, guidelines, and
- Provide physician to physician sign out for patients who are
transitioning to post-acute facilities.
- Provide internal sign out at transitions of care consistent
with standards of care.
- Provide 72 hours of narcotic prescriptions for patients
transitioning to skilled nursing facilities if clinically
- Participate in nursing and staff education when solicited by
CNO, CMO, or COO.
- Respond to clinical queries in a timely fashion.
- Document History and Physicals within 12 hours.
- Document Discharge Summaries within 48 hours of discharge
- Maintain current understanding of the regulatory environment
related to status and status patients consistent with national
- Provide post discharge coverage for appropriate home health
orders for up to 2 weeks or until they have seen their primary care
- Encourage in network utilization of resources for continuity of
care unless specified by the patient or expertise is not available
in the system
- Respond in a timely manner to pages and call back from nursing
staff unless doing so would impact patient safety or
- In case of emergencies or disaster provide additional coverage
per campus protocol.
- Participate in continuing education activities to maintain or
enhance knowledge and skills.
- Maintain ACLS certification.
- Directs patient care throughout the health care system via
- Provides consultation services in collaboration with attending
or primary care provider.
- Communicates with the attending physician, nurse, family, and
other treatment team members when appropriate, in order to obtain
the appropriate patient care plan.
- Effectively communicates with treatment team in a timely and
professional manner to provide quality psychiatric care to patients
throughout the healthcare system.
- Complies with best practices and other care directives.--
- Follows Performance Improvement initiatives.
- Works with Memorial Hermann Physicians, Risk Managers, and Case
Managers towards resolution of clinical, administrative or
- Maintains patient confidentiality and adheres to MH compliance
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to
all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within
budgetary specifications including time management, supply
management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by
meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills
competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the
success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and
resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned. OUR CULTURE What does it mean to
truly connect with a patient? You'll find out as part of the
Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you'll have the unique
opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine
while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of
care. You'll serve each patient as an individual, and you'll help
develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you'll be empowered to do what's best for them while
also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in
your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your
mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your
success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite
you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care. Join
our Talent Network and get Memorial Hermann news and job alerts
delivered to your inbox. Email Address Interested In Select a
location and select a job category from the list of suggestions.
Then, click "Add" to create your job alert. Job Category Location
- Practitioners, Houston, Texas, United States Remove Upload
Resume Please upload your resume to stay current with MH News.
Equal Employment Opportunity. Memorial Hermann Health System shall
provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race,
color, religion, age, national origin, sex (including sexual
orientation and gender identity), pregnancy, disability, genetic
information, U.S. military service, or any other characteristic
protected by law.
Keywords: Memorial Hermann, Houston , Physician, Healthcare , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!