Scientific Manager - Immunology (Nanostring, Exome, RNA, CHIP)
Company: MD Anderson Cancer Center
Posted on: January 16, 2022
The Immunology department at MD Anderson Cancer Center seeks to
determine the fundamental cellular and molecular mechanisms of a
wide range of processes by which the body recognizes and eliminates
pathogens and use these findings to unleash the patient's own
immune system against previously treatment-resistant cancers.
Treating the immune system rather than the cancer itself, the
therapeutics developed are applicable to many cancers.
- Supervises computational scientists to perform data analysis on
a variety of projects that include analysis, integration and
interpretation of diverse data types for example, NGS datasets;
single cell sequencing, exome sequencing, RNA-seq, ATAC-seq,
TCR/BCR-seq, Array datasets; microarray, protein arrays, SNP
arrays, gene and protein expression datasets; Nanostring and CYTOF,
Image and spatial analysis datasets; CODEX, DSP and other
experimental data in the setting of immunotherapy.
- Develops and manages data analysis and data visualization tools
and applies novel tools for data integration across diverse
platforms which includes genomic, proteomic, clinical meta data and
others as needed.
- Leads and trains the bioinformatics group to investigate
state-of-the-art statistical analysis tools and apply to multiple
big datasets as needed.
- Manages data storage and reporting for the platform and
publications as needed.
- Effectively presents data to the pharmaceutical or internal
collaborators as needed.
- Independently searches literatures in the field of
bioinformatics and statistics, writes the bioinformatics analysis
and methods section for manuscripts and grant applications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Participates in all administrative activities and the
recruitment of new computational scientists to IMT, including
recruitment, education, evaluation and retention of competent and
- Overviews the hardware and software requirements for high
throughput data storage and analysis.
- Recommends, schedules, and performs software improvements and
- Provides bioinformatics consultation for clinical and
biological research projects.
- Works closely with clinical scientists and provides custom
solutions for sequencing, gene expression, proteomics and other
data to expedite scientific project.#LI-MDACC
Required: Bachelor's degree in one of the basic sciences.
Preferred: Master's degree or PhD in one of the basic sciences.
Required: Seven years relevant research experience to include two
years in a supervisory/managerial capacity. With preferred Masters
degree, five years of required experience to include two years in a
supervisory/managerial capacity and with preferred PhD, three years
of required experience to include two years in a
supervisory/managerial capacity. Successful completion of the
LEADing Self Accelerate program may substitute for one year of
required supervisory or management experience.
Preferred: Nanostring analysis, exome sequencing, RNA-seq,
CHIP-Seq, microarray and other experimental data in the setting of
immunotherapy. Bioinformatics consultation for clinical and
biological research projects.
Required: Must pass pre-employment skills test as required and
administered by Human Resources.
- Requisition ID: 145862
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Employee Status: Regular
- FLSA: exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
- Work Week: Days
- Fund Type: Soft
- Remote Work: Hybrid Onsite/Remote
- Pivotal Position: Yes
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 87,000
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 130,000
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 173,000
- Science Jobs: Yes
Keywords: MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston , Scientific Manager - Immunology (Nanostring, Exome, RNA, CHIP), Healthcare , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!