RN Night Supervisor
Company: Discovery Behavioral Health
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionThe RN Nights Supervisor will be responsible for
assessing clients in an inpatient/residential drug and alcohol
detoxification program and administering medication and nursing
care to admitted patients.Responsibilities
- Performing, completing, and validating assessments, utilizing
proper grammar, spelling, and complete sentences without using
- Informing personnel (i.e. UR, psychiatry, dietician) of new
admissions when appropriate.
- Administering and documenting vital signs, CIWAs, COWS, fall
assessments/precautions, seizure precautions, suicidal/homicidal
assessments, nutritional assessments, pain scales, fall assessments
anxiety scales, craving scales, standard and infection control
- Observation, documentation, audit functions, education, and
record keeping of all observed/inventoried/destroyed/prescribed
- Assessment of patients with addiction and mental health
conditions, and assisting in ascertaining clinical medication
management with other Registered Nurses, Licensed Vocational
Nurses, Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, Psychiatrist, and
- Administering medications via oral, sublingual, inhalation,
auricular, topical, vaginal, and rectal routes and performing
scheduled and PRN vitals as appropriate.
- Entering medication orders into the electronic medical
- Manages the Medication Administration Record, documenting
administration, efficacy, and first response.
- Provides direct patient care to a diversified patient
population, across continuum of care.
- Collaborates with staff in assessing patient, family
age-specific nursing needs and develops plan of care for complex
- Provide assistance to Utilization Review in communicating
pertinent nursing information.
- Designs teaching programs for patients/families and provides
assistance to staff in program implementation.
- Work closely with medical staff to provide education and
counseling for clients and other organizational health care
providers on optimal use of medicines (e.g., proper use, avoidance
of over medication).
- Provide nursing care adapted to the individual patient needs
based on the nursing process, which includes assessment, planning,
implementation and evaluation.
- Direct patient care, including the reporting of observed
changes in mental status and/or physical condition, response to
emergencies, safety risks.
- Documents nursing incidents and medication errors.
- Oversees the medication management system that include but not
limited to; medication planning, storage, ordering and
transcribing, administration, monitoring and evaluation.--
- Verifies the integrity of and controls medications brought into
the organization by the client, their families, and licensed
- Ensures to use the utmost of care in protecting the
confidentiality of client records in accordance with state and
- Understands and adheres to DBH (Discovery Behavioral Health)
compliance standards as they appear in DBH-----TMs Corporate
Compliance Policy, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest
- Keeps abreast of all pertinent federal, state and DBH
regulations, laws, and policies as they presently exist and as they
change or are modified.
- Performs other duties and tasks as required-- Qualifications
- -- Must be graduate of an approved Registered Nursing program
with a current licensure from the Texas Board of Nursing or Compact
Licensure as approved to work in the state of Texas.
- Preferred: Experienced as a staff nurse preferably in the field
of chemical dependency and/or behavioral health. Experienced as a
- Current Basic Life Support certification-- Additional
InformationWe are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain
a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse
testing.-- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or
national origin.For more information about our company benefits,
please visit us at
Dietitian, Location: Houston, TX - 77007
Keywords: Discovery Behavioral Health, Houston , RN Night Supervisor, Healthcare , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!