Clinical Manager - PAT, DSU, PACU - Northeast Hospital
Company: Memorial Hermann Health System
Posted on: June 25, 2022
At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional
experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to
provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that
develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on
patient care.Every employee, at every level, begins their journey
at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization
and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our
employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of
it.Job SummaryThis position is responsible for providing leadership
to the department. Oversees daily operations, manages and develops
departmental staff, collaborates with the interdisciplinary team in
the delivery of patient care. Utilizes the nursing process to
ensure the delivery of quality care to patients.Job
DescriptionClinical Manager Position overseeing: Day Surgery, PACU,
Pre-Admit TestingMinimum QualificationsEducation:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree from an accredited school
of professional nursing required or documented degree plan and
timeframe to complete Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- For clinical manager positions in Magnet-designated hospitals
or hospitals in pursuit of Magnet designation, a minimum of a BSN
is required at the time of hire or
- Current State of Texas license or temporary/compact license to
practice professional nursing
- Certified in Basic Life Support
- Professional certification in clinical area or management
- Additional certifications may be required based on discipline
and/or nursing unit requirementsExperience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Three (3) or more years experience in clinical area of
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in a supervisory or
- Clinical Manager II: additional two (2) years experience (3
years total) in supervisory or management job
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by
integrating our culture in all internal and external customer
interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health"
through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration,
compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial
- Manages the daily operations of a patient care department,
including forecasting and ensuring adequate staffing, taking
departmental calls, planning for continuity of care, serving in
charge nurse role and providing direct patient care as needed.
- Collaborates with physicians, management team members, business
partners, and customers to address strategic initiatives and
- Participates in a systemic, interdisciplinary, and ongoing
evaluation of programs, process improvement, desired
client-centered outcomes, and organizational outcomes.
- Considers the diverse needs of each patient through the entire
continuum of care, provides and ensures the highest level of
service according to established service standards and optimizes
the patient experience.
- Ensures adequate scheduling and staffing, recruits, retains,
and develops staff, provides performance feedback, addresses issues
as necessary, and provides input into staff performance reviews in
a timely effective manner.
- Adheres to all regulatory and Texas Board of Nursing
- Ensures safe care to patients, staffs and visitors; adheres to
all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within
budgetary specifications including time management, supply
management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by
meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills
competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the
success of the organization; may serve as preceptor, mentor and
resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Memorial Hermann Health System, Houston , Clinical Manager - PAT, DSU, PACU - Northeast Hospital, Healthcare , Humble, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!