Registered Nurse (RN) CVICU
Company: Hca Houston Healthcare Medical Center
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role?
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's
largest provider of healthcare services as a Registered Nurse (RN)
CVICU. We offer you an excellent total compensation package,
including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and
student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this
fantastic opportunity.HCA Houston Healthcare Medical Center
Houston, TX Registered Nurse (RN) CVICU HCA Houston Healthcare
Medical Center is a 444-bed acute care hospital in the heart of
Houstons museum district. Established in 1975, the hospital has
been serving Houston for more than 40 years. It provides a wide
range of medical services, including cardiology, bariatrics,
orthopedics, neurology, emergency care and more. The hospital is
affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare
Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of
hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and
diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi
and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory
care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional
transfer center. What you will do in this role:
- Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
Provides general nursing care to assigned patients.
- Acts as a liaison between hospital staff, physician, patient,
and family members.
- Administers medication in a safe, knowledgeable and accurate
manner. Follows laws, regulations, and hospital policy as it
relates to controlled substances.
- Assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of care
for assigned patients, including discharge planning, utilizing an
interdisciplinary team approach.
- Assists the physician with examinations, tests and
- Carries out physician orders in a safe and appropriate
- Communicates with Manager/Director to facilitate efficient
operation of the unit.
- Completes and demonstrates proficiency with unit based clinical
and age-appropriate nursing competencies.
- Complies with applicable hospital policy/procedure.
- Coordinates patient care activities on the unit (assignments,
review orders, physician rounds, and patient flow).
- Accurately documents in the patients record a description of
the nursing care provided.
- Ethics and Compliance. Accountable for behaviors relative to
the values articulated in the Mission & Values Statement Will act
with absolute honesty, integrity and fairness in the way we conduct
our business and the way we live our lives. Accountable for
attending annual Code of Conduct training.
- Monitors and observes the patient and accurately records
changes in condition and reaction to medications and
- Notifies appropriate individuals of changes in condition and
utilizes the established chain of command when necessary.
- Participates in hospital performance improvement activities to
improve safety and patient outcomes.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Plans and coordinates patient/family teaching and assesses
understanding of information provided.
- Promotes an atmosphere of collaboration and teamwork by
exhibiting professional behavior that demonstrates a commitment to
the provision of quality patient care and support of a professional
- Provides care and treatment that reflects appropriate infection
control techniques and universal precautions.
- Provides orientation, education, and serves as a mentor for
- Respects the patients privacy and maintains confidentiality of
health care and other information.
- Respects the rights of patients to include their cultural,
psychosocial, and spiritual values.
- Responsible for knowing and complying with the rules and
regulations relating to the education, licensure and practice of
the professional nurse as set forth in the Nurse Practice Act,
Texas Occupations Code and/or other statutes and regulations
relating to the practice of professional nursing.
- Supports the vision, mission and values of the
hospital.Qualifications What qualification you will need:
- Current Texas licensure with State Board of Nurse Examiners as
- Associates Degree in Nursing required, Bachelors Degree in
Nursing (BSN) preferred
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life
Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life
Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and Certification
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Pediatric
Advanced Life Support (PALS) Course and Certification
- Three (3) years of Critical Care in ICU or Emergency Room
experienceHCA Healthcare ranks on Fortunes list of Most Admired
Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the
fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the
Worlds Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of
excellence. Intrigued? Wed love to hear from you.If you find this
opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly
review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear
from one of our Talent Acquisition Team. We are actively
interviewing so apply today!We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
status.Notice Our Companys recruiters are here to help unlock the
next possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking.For questions about your job application or this
site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.by
Keywords: Hca Houston Healthcare Medical Center, Houston , Registered Nurse (RN) CVICU, Healthcare , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!