Nurse Practitioner & Physician Assistants
Posted on: August 7, 2022
We are hiring Nurse Practitioners and Physician Associates with
acute care experience in ER, Urgent Care, or Internal Medicine to
join our growing team serving the Houston community. Our Advanced
Practice Providers team with DHMTs (Medical Technicians) and are
equipped with everything needed to treat common to complex injuries
and illnesses through comprehensive health assessments, including
diagnosis, treatment, and outcome management, for patients of all
ages. Our innovative model allows us to provide definitive care in
the home, including point of care laboratory studies, minor
procedures, splinting, wound care, suturing, IV fluid and
medication administration. We provide whole person care by
facilitating timely follow up and care coordination. -Our providers
love working at DispatchHealth because of the high-quality care
they can provide, the value of the delivery model and the
appreciation of our patients.#APP
- Work as a team with a DHMT (Medical Technician) to deliver care
in the patient's home. This involves being a mobile unit and
driving in a company vehicle to the place of service.
- Perform comprehensive health assessments and diagnose and treat
- Provide therapeutic interventions, such as splinting, suturing,
wound care and minor procedures.
- Use critical thinking skills and follow evidence-based
standards of practice.
- Accurately and thoroughly document your patient encounter and
- Analyze test data to diagnose, treat and arrange appropriate
follow up for the patient to ensure continuity of care.
- Educate patients and families on how to treat their acute
illness and manage their health and well-being.
- Effectively navigate difficult conversations related to
end-of-life issues and goals of care.
- Communicate effectively with patients, family, the medical
power of attorney, primary care provider and all individuals
involved in the patient's care.
- Identify and proactively solve problems.
- Adhere to clinical and safety standards, protocols, and
- Provide care with compassion, empathy, and cultural
- Maintain positive relationships with DHMT partners and remote
- Attend training sessions and clinical team meetings.
- Maintain professional etiquette and serve as ambassadors for
- Lead your practice and always do what's right for the patient.
- Minimum of two years of experience as an APP in the Emergency
Department, Urgent Care, Internal Medicine, Hospital, Family
Practice, Cardiac, Pulmonary or other relevant areas
- Those with less than two years of experience as an APP, but
with two or more years' experience as a paramedic, RN (ED or ICU),
Flight Nurse or a graduate from an ENP program or fellowship (NP's)
or EM/Hospitalist residency (PA's) are also encouraged to
- Graduate with an advanced degree from an accredited
- Current unrestricted state license as a Nurse Practitioner or
- Nationally board certified, current
- Current BLS / ACLS certification
- Prescriptive authority and DEADispatchHealth is redefining
healthcare delivery through mobile and virtual healthcare. - A
rapidly scaling Denver, Colo., startup, we provide right-sized
healthcare through the power of technology, convenience, and
service. - DispatchHealth is creating an integrated, convenient,
high-touch care-delivery solution that extends the capabilities of
the patient's care team and ensures that we provide personalized,
quality care in the home or at the patient's location of need. -
Our skilled, certified providers arrive onsite with the expertise
and tools necessary to administer advanced medical care, supported
by our technological infrastructure to ensure quality and to
improve outcomes. - DispatchHealth brings together experienced
professionals with proven success in medicine, engineering and
operations and a passion for transforming the healthcare landscape.
DispatchHealth is committed to creating and supporting a diverse
and inclusive team and serving all communities. All qualified
applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race,
gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation,
religion, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
DispatchHealth offers a comprehensive benefit package, including
medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k, paid time off, family,
and short-term disability leave. - Do you want to be part of and
thrive in a fast-paced, growth-stage, entrepreneurial technology,
and healthcare delivery company?Are you willing to roll up your
sleeves and do what needs to be done?Are you passionate about
transforming healthcare through technology innovation, service and
quality care delivered to patients? -Our MissionWe deliver trusted,
compassionate care to all in the comfort of home.Our VisionBuilding
the world's largest in-home care system. -Our Values are embodied
in The DispatchWay
- Courage to advocate for our patients and each other
- Innovation to trailblaze a new path for healthcare
- Integrity to create a respectful and inclusive environment
- Compassion to provide quality, safe and excellent careWhat
makes us different?
- DispatchHealth is a provider-led organization and encourages
our teams to help inform decisions that impact your practice.
- We spend time with our patients to treat the whole person.
- Our patient-centric approach consistently results in a NPS
score of 95 or better.
- We offer flexible work schedules and PTO.
- We offer full healthcare benefits and 401k for full-time
employees, with a company match.
- We support professional growth and leadership
- We offer CME, organizational conference, and workshop
- Our clinicians align with our guiding principles.Get to know
us! Watch the video below to hear from healthcare professionals on
what it's like to work with DispatchHealth. Follow us on , and to
Keywords: DispatchHealth, Houston , Nurse Practitioner & Physician Assistants, Healthcare , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!