Home Therapies RN - Home Health
Company: Fresenius Medical Care
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Home Therapies RNJob Description Houston, Texas Job ID
* Full Time*
Home Therapies RN
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The professional registered nurse Home Therapies RN CAP 2 may be an
entry level designation into the Clinical Advancement Program (CAP)
for new employees who meet the RN CAP 2 criteria or attained
through advancement from RN CAP 1. This position is accountable and
responsible for the provision and coordination of clinically
competent care including assessment planning intervention and
evaluation for an assigned group of patients. This may include
delegation of appropriate tasks to direct patient care staff
including but not limited to RNs LVN/LPNs and Patient Care
Technicians. As a member of the End Stage Kidney Disease (ESKD)
health care team this position participates in decision-making
teaching leadership functions and quality improvement activities
that enhance patient care outcomes and facility operations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
All duties and responsibilities are expected to be performed in
accordance with Fresenius Kidney Care policy procedures standards
of nursing practice state and federal regulations.
* Performs all essential functions under the direction of the
Supervisor and with guidance from the Educator Preceptor or in
collaboration with another Registered Nurse.
* Performs ongoing systematic collection and analysis of dialysis
data for assigned patients and documents in the patient medical
record makes adjustments or modifications to treatment plan as
indicated and notifies Supervisor or physician as needed.
* Assesses collaborates and documents patient/family's basic
learning needs to provide initial and ongoing education to patients
* Directs and provides in collaboration with the patient home care
partner direct and ancillary patient care staff all aspects of the
provision of safe and effective delivery of dialysis therapies to
* Administers medications as prescribed or in accordance with
approved algorithm(s) and documents appropriate medical
justification and effectiveness.
* Initiates or assists with emergency response measures.
* Serves as a resource leader coach mentor and role model for new
and incumbent employees by setting examples of appropriate behavior
work habits and attitudes towards patients co-workers supervisors
and the company at the facility and area level.
* Ensures correct laboratory collection processing and shipping
procedures are performed and reschedules missed or insufficient
* Identifies expected outcomes documents and updates the nursing
assessment and plan of care for assigned patients through
collaboration with the Interdisciplinary Team.
* Ensures patient awareness related to transplant and treatment
* Assists in the identification evaluation selection and education
of Home Dialysis candidates and Home Partners.
* Performs assessment and identifies barriers of the Home Dialysis
candidate's home environment and partner/ family readiness and
ability to perform dialysis treatments in the home.
* Trains home dialysis patients and / or Home Partners on the safe
effective operation and maintenance of all Home Dialysis equipment
and treatment supplies through a formal standardized Home Dialysis
* Participates in education and quality improvement projects at the
facility and area level as directed by Supervisor.
* May serve as a Preceptor to new employees.
* Required to complete CAP requirements to either maintain or
* Performs all other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
* The position provides direct patient care that regularly involves
heavy lifting moving of patients and assisting with ambulation.
Equipment aids and/or coworkers may provide assistance.
* This position requires frequent prolonged periods of standing and
the employee must be able to bend over.
* The employee may occasionally be required to move with assistance
machines and equipment of up to 200 lbs. and may lift chemical and
water solutions of up to 30 lbs. as high as 5 feet.
* The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility
with air temperature control and moderate noise levels.
* May be exposed to infectious and contagious
* Rotates coverage with other licensed home therapy staff as
assigned to ensure reliable and adequate coverage.
* Position requires participation in on-call rotation night weekend
holiday or as defined by individual program needs.
* The position may require travel to training sites other
facilities and patient homes.
* May be asked to provide essential functions of this position in
other locations including patient's home with the same physical
demands and working conditions as described above.
* Day to day work includes desk work computer work interaction with
patients facility/hospital staff and physicians.
Assigned oversight of RNs LPNs/LVNs Patient Care Technicians and
Home Therapies Care Team Assistants as a Team Leader or designated
Nurse in Charge after meeting all the following:
* Successful completion of all FKC education and training
requirements for new employees.
* Must have a minimum of 3 months experience home dialysis
therapies as a RN.
EDUCATION and LICENSURE:
* Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
* Current appropriate state licensure.
* Current or successful completion of CPR BLS Certification
* Must meet the practice requirements in the state in which he or
she is employed.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
* Entry level for RNs with a minimum of 2 years or more of
Nephrology Nursing experience within the last 2 years as a RN.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free
workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Keywords: Fresenius Medical Care, Houston , Home Therapies RN - Home Health, Healthcare , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!