RN Director Houston TX Get Paid Up to 165K (RN )
Company: MedCare Staffing, Inc.
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Operating Room/Ambulatory Care/MedSurg opening in Houston,
Texas. MedCare Staffing is seeking a nurse to be a Medical Director
of Surgical Services at a 49 bed acute care facility in Houston,
- Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the
service and implements solutions with follow through and
- Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital
wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to
those one represents.
- Advances the customer experience in Surgical Services.
- Coaches subordinates providing feedback; constructive critique
of work; facilitates individual development plan; and documents
their job performance.
- Adheres to all Human Resource policies.
- Effectively communicates departmental, organization and
industry information to staff.
- Facilitates evidence based employee engagement practices.
- Effectively builds strong relationships and networks to deliver
upon organizational and department goals.
- Participate in employee and patient rounding, Identifies and
mentor potential future leaders Quality
- Enforces standards of care for surgical services and develops
processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing surgical
services program which assures quality patient care consistent with
the Hospital mission.
- Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital
policy, environmental, patient, and personnel safety
- Oversees a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates
critical aspects of care.
- Responsible for department s operational excellence by ensuring
delivery of quality services in accordance with applicable
policies, procedures, and professional standards.
- Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and
- Enforces safe procedural site and patient verification policy
- Monitors and responds to quality event reporting Finance
- Supports new program strategies and/or program enhancements
which would expand patient services.
- Develops, prioritizes and defends a capital equipment requests.
- Is responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures
proper utilization of organization s financial resources. Growth
- Advances the growth agenda for Surgical Services.
- Strives to become the OR of Choice for physicians, patients,
staff, and payers in the community they serve Community
- Demonstrates a poised and confident demeanor that reassures
others and commands respect within the organization and the
- Develops and builds strategic internal and external networks.
Education & Experience:
- Seasoned OR Director comfortable managing all the politics
associated with working in a big facility
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree MHA, MSN, MBA, or related field preferred
- 3+ years of experience in Surgical Services, preferably OR
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role preferred
- Or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the
state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and
- Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR) preferred
- Certified Surgical Services Manager (CSSM) preferred
Keywords: MedCare Staffing, Inc., Houston , RN Director Houston TX Get Paid Up to 165K (RN ), Healthcare , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!