Pediatric Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN/LVN) - NCHW
Company: Nexus Health Systems
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Pediatric LPN/LVN - - The Woodlands CampusDescription
- Ensures that scope of duties and services provided are
consistent and within the guidelines of the state nursing practice
- Demonstrates knowledge of individual patients'/residents'
histories, current progress and treatment goals.
- Demonstrates ability to make appropriate nursing decisions when
- Complies with established medication policies and
- Effectively operates and troubleshoots commonly utilized
- Completes all required documentation in a timely manner,
including weekly summaries, care plans, fall risk assessments, skin
risk assessments, skin sheets.
- Receives telephone orders from Licensed Independent
Practitioner and fulfills orders per established policies and
- Proficient in assuring prompt recognition of any untoward
change in patient condition, and to facilitate appropriate nursing,
medical or other intervention
- Effectively communicates with patients, families, physicians
and team members
- Serves as a professional role model to other staff.
- Serves as a resource to team members in regards to direct
patient care needs
- Knowledgeable of infection control issues
- Manages time effectively and uses sound judgment to maintain
optimal patient care
- Knowledgeable of patient status to plan and provide
- Follows narcotic count guidelines as established by
- Proactive in remaining current with skills and competencies
required to serve the increasingly complex population that we
- Responsible for oral care of trach and ventilator dependent
- Performs patient and family education starting at admission of
the patient and documents accordingly in patient chart
- Answers alarms and call lights to ensure prompt
- Actively works towards achieving goals set during annual
performance review and other periodic reviews.
- Attends and completes all Mandatory Education modules in a
- Performs bedside shift report to enhance patient communication
- Reassess patients per established policies and procedures to
identify progress and trends that require -ExperiencePreferred
minimum of at least one (1) years experience in the acute/post
acute and/or pediatric setting.Skills
- Maintain current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State
in which performing duties.
- Certified in BLS/ACLS/PALS
- Maintains certifications and licenses as current to avoid
voluntary resignation.Education Required
- -Licensed in the State of Texas.Benefits Offered
- Competitive/Above Market Salaries
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Wellness Insurance
- Flexible Spending & Dependent Care Accounts
- Health Savings Account
- Life and AD&D
- Discretionary 401k Matching
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance ProgramNexus Health Systems is an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, religion,
color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation or gender,
status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a
qualified individual with disability.We maintain a drug-free
workplace and perform substance abuse testing.
Keywords: Nexus Health Systems, Houston , Pediatric Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN/LVN) - NCHW, Healthcare , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!