Licensed Specialist in School Psychology
Company: KIPP Texas
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Company DescriptionCompany DescriptionKIPP Texas Public Schools
is a network of 59 public charter, open-enrollment, pre-k-12
schools educating nearly 34,000 students across Austin, Dallas-Ft.
Worth, Houston, and San Antonio. Together with families and
communities, our mission is to create joyful, academically
excellent schools that prepare students with the skills and
confidence to pursue the paths they choose -college, career, and
beyond-so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just
world.Founded in Houston in 1994, and operating as KIPP Texas since
2018, our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and
antiracism in our classrooms, in our offices, and in the
communities we serve is unwavering. We are looking to hire a
diverse team of dynamic, collaborative, and dedicated individuals
with an unyielding belief that every child will succeed. Join our
Team and Family and champion equity, chase excellence, persist with
purpose, bring joy, and help us rise together.KIPP Texas is part of
the national KIPP network of 255 college-preparatory public charter
schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia. Nationwide, KIPP
students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent,
comparable to the national average for all students and
approximately three times higher than the average of students from
low-income communities.You can see all our job opportunities at
https://kipptexas.org/join-our-team/ .Job DescriptionThe
- Receive student referrals and implement the assessment and
evaluation process within state timelines.
- Conduct Full and Individual Evaluations (FIEs) by assessing the
psychological and psycho-educational needs of students referred to
special education services.
- Participate in the Admission, Review, and Dismissal (ARD)
Committee to assist with interpretation of assessment data,
appropriate placement, and development of Individual Education
- Follows district, state and federal regulations.
- Meets all required timelines for assessment, reports, meetings,
- Facilitates the coordinated efforts of evaluation personnel and
- Attends all required meetings and staff development.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential job
- Perform professional psychological work in assessment, behavior
management, and counseling for students with emotional
disabilities, learning disabilities, and behavioral problems.
- Regular district wide travel to multiple schools as
- Master's degree in psychology from accredited college or
- Valid Texas license as a licensed specialist in school
psychology granted by the Texas State Board of Examiners of
- At least 1 year of experience as an LSSP or school psychologist
- Knowledge of prevention and intervention strategies, including
behavior management interventions.
- Knowledge of psychosocial development.
- Strong consultation skills for conferencing with teachers,
parents, and students.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred. Additional
InformationCompensation and BenefitsIn addition to a competitive
salary scale, a part of KIPP Texas' competitive benefits options,
KIPP offers all employees an $0 HMO plan for the employee only. In
addition to our $0 plan, KIPP provides a $600 employer contribution
towards a Health Savings Account and a variety of other
supplemental benefits such as Dental, Vision, Short and Long-Term
Disability, Pet Insurance, Life, etc.
Keywords: KIPP Texas, Houston , Licensed Specialist in School Psychology, Healthcare , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!