Sign On Bonus $10K -RN - Transplant Acute Care Unit-TMC- Day at Memorial Hermann Health System
Posted on: September 24, 2022
At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional
experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to
provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that
develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial
Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its
established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees
drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Collaborates with interdisciplinary team in the delivery of patient
care, utilizing the nursing process; provides professional nursing
care to patients, including conducting nursing assessments,
assisting with exams and treatment, patient education, and
maintenance of medical records. MHHS hires RNs based on years of
experience groupings (i.e. newly licensed RN working under the
supervision of RN clinical preceptor , less than 1 year, 1-3 years,
3 to 10 and 10+).Job Description
Are you a med/surg nurse looking for a GREAT teamwork environment
that specializes in Kidney and Liver transplant? Home to the
largest medical center in the US, Memorial Hermann Texas Medical
Center, located in Houston, TX, is seeking experienced RNs to join
our team. Our Magnet facility is known for its cutting edge
procedures, come see what our exciting, innovative and
collaborative team has to offer!
Overview of the Abdominal Transplant unit:
- Service Line - Kidney and Liver transplant med/surg patients
(no heart or lung)
- Patient ratio - 1:4 or 1:5, fast pace
- Hours - 7am - 7pm, rotating weekends
- Team environment - close nit/family like team, collaborative,
team members LOVES to cook - hope you love to eat
- Supportive leadership - management and educators have open line
of communication, will be on the floor working along nurses
What we're looking for:
- Great communication skills - must be able to effectively
communicate with patients and family members
- Good time management skills
- Chemo certified and/or CTN is a HUGE plus
- Open to ADN, BSN enrolled candidates
- Must have at least 1 yr of Med/surg experience
What our hospital can offer you:
- Full relocation
- Competitive pay and tons of growth opportunities
- Sign on Bonus up to $15K for eligible positions
- Comprehensive benefits starting day 1
Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Professional
Nursing; Bachelors of Nursing preferred
- Current State of Texas license or temporary/compact license to
practice professional nursing
- Certified in Basic Life Support
- Additional certifications may be required based on discipline
and/or nursing unit requirements
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- RN I
- RN II = 1-3 years
- RN III = 3-10 years
- RN IV = 10+ years
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by
integrating our culture in all internal and external customer
interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health"
through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration,
compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Delivers safe and appropriate care to patients, according to
the nursing skills inventory and the age and needs of the
- Coordinates the planning for the delivery of nursing care with
an interdisciplinary team and administers appropriate clinical
decisions in the delivery of patient care.
- Collaborates with, directs, and may delegate to the healthcare
team in the attainment of positive outcomes based on data,
research, evidence, and professional standards of care.
- Coordinates treatment plans; develops/implements discharge
and/or transfer plans.
- Participates in a systemic, interdisciplinary, and ongoing
evaluation of programs, process improvement and desired
- Considers the diverse needs of each patient through the entire
continuum of care, providing and ensuring the highest level of
service according to established service standards, optimizing the
- Adheres to all regulatory and Texas Board of Nursing
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to
all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards, within
budgetary specifications, including time management, supply
management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by
meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills
competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the
success of the organization; may serve as preceptor, mentor and
resource to less experienced staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Confidential, Houston , Sign On Bonus $10K -RN - Transplant Acute Care Unit-TMC- Day at Memorial Hermann Health System, Healthcare , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!