Field Pharmaceutical Educational Representative
Company: Ashfield Engage
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Ashfield Engage is building a nationwide team of field based
Pharmaceutical Education Representatives. This is an excellent
entry-level role into the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries.
The team will be dedicated to providing services to Ashfield's
client, Pfizer.The key objective of the Pharmaceutical Education
Representatives position is to increase awareness of high/at-risk
patient type for COVID-19 through educational efforts. This is a
Hybrid (virtual and face-to-face capable) Contracted Team with
ability to provide educational detail but not close for action;
driving education and awareness on high/at-risk patients for
COVID-19 within the urgent care and retail pharmacy settings along
with targeted HCPs. This role involves:
- Providing P1 educational (non-promotional) support to
physicians about COVID-19 risk factors, disease progression, and
- Educating identified targets to ensure customer preparedness on
patient identification as above.
- Building solid working relationships with customers through
regular calls and on-going contact with customers as defined in the
Pharmaceutical Educational Contracted Team SOW (Project SOW).
- Ensuring close collaboration with cross-functional,
customer-facing colleagues to ensure objectives are aligned and
efforts are coordinated by channel and across field
- Understanding the customer and market landscape within assigned
geographies and strategically assessing the overall business to
prioritize opportunities and develop/execute a plan of action
designed to maximize educational impact at the local level.
- Operating in a team environment that is based on a culture of
high collaboration and that encourages innovative ideas.What's in
it for you?
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent Benefits - accrued time off, medical, dental, vision,
401k, disability & life insurance, employee
- Generous performance-driven Incentive Compensation package
- Competitive environment with company wide recognition, contests
and coveted awards
- Exceptional company culture
- Recognized as a Top Workplace USA 2021
- Recognized as a Great Place to Work in November 2021What will
you be doing?
- HCP engagement will involve probing, answering questions (e.g.,
drug to drug interaction management, where to find supply, who is
high-risk and eligible for treatment)
- Maintain an expert understanding of the Product, patient
education, consumer education, and factors influencing the market
environment. Understand and use only approved promotional materials
to support marketing message.
- Maintain an in-depth and sophisticated knowledge of related
disease state and market dynamics, quality initiatives, health
information technology, value-based care trends or other
account-specific considerations that enable engagement in
meaningful dialogue and adding value when calling on
- Successfully implement the strategic call plan to meet or
exceed business objectives for assigned geographies.
- Exhibit strong business acumen through effective customer
analysis, including analysing previous customer interactions and
available data to maximize effectiveness of each call, and based on
that information, tailoring a unique educational approach for each
- As appropriate, collaborate and coordinate with a range of
cross-functional colleagues to prioritize opportunities at a local
level, across channels, and understand, develop, and execute the
strategic plan for targeted accounts.
- Drive the retail pharmacy customer interface at the local level
to further educational efforts.
- Employ effective interaction techniques, including pre-call
planning, effective opening, presentation focus and productive
questions, issue identification and call summary.
- Customize the delivery of educational messages to align with
known customer needs.
- Effectively share information on approved support
- Complete all call reporting and inventory recording
responsibilities in accordance with current procedures and policies
(as appropriate based on scope of SOW).
- Appropriately balance needed study and certification time,
during off-territory hours, required to learn medical, product and
policy information, as well as to maintain supplies, equipment, and
- Prepare for and actively participate in all required sales
conferences and training classes at local and/or remote locations
- Complete all required Compliance training within timelines set
by clientWhat do you need for this position?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience such as:
- Pharmaceutical Sales Experience
- Medical/Medical Device Sales Experience
- Professional Sales or Promotional Activity
- Small Business Owner or other Entrepreneurial experience,
Marketing, Customer Service and/or Account Management
- Relevant Healthcare/Scientific roles (e.g., RN, Pharmacist, PT,
- Educator (e.g., Teacher, Principal)
- Full Time Military experience
- Must live within 25 miles of the border of the territory
- Product knowledge: Understanding of virology is preferred, but
- Urgent Care setting experience preferred
- Effective interpersonal, organizational, communication skills
and the ability to advance and influence the acceptance of
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Self-driven & motivated
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- Ability/willingness to travel
- Valid US driver's license and a driving record in compliance
with company standards.
- Ownership mentality with a strong sense of urgency and taking
initiative and the ability to anticipate possible obstacles and
proactively problem solve
- Computer/iPad proficientAbout Ashfield EngageAshfield Engage,
part of Inizio, is a global leader in commercialization services
for the healthcare industry. We partner with our clients across
Advisory, Healthcare Communications, Commercial, Patient Solutions
and Medical Affairs to build creative, scalable and tailored health
solutions that are executed flawlessly, to deliver positive
outcomes for patients.Our mission is to partner with our clients,
improving lives by helping healthcare professionals and patients
get the medicines, knowledge and support they need.To learn more
about Ashfield Engage, visit us at:
https://ashfieldengage.com/Ashfield Engage is proud to be an equal
opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at Ashfield
are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender,
gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status,
medical condition (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), mental or physical disability, national
origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race,
religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof),
sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Further,
pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Ashfield will consider for
employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction
records.Ashfield Engage is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D.
We appreciate your interest in our company, however; only qualified
candidates will be considered.
Keywords: Ashfield Engage, Houston , Field Pharmaceutical Educational Representative, Healthcare , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!