Senior Manager, Clinical Research
Company: Baylor College of Medicine
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link Division: - Surgery
Schedule: - Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Work Location: -
Houston, TX Salary Range: - $70,100 to $121,429 FLSA Status: -
Exempt Requisition ID: - 12485 SummaryThe Office of Surgical
Research (OSR) within the Michael E. DeBakey Department of Surgery
is seeking a Sr. Manager, Clinical Research - Oncology to supervise
and oversee clinical research and financial activities in the
Division of Surgical Oncology. The Sr. Manager, Clinical Research -
Oncology will be responsible for supervising daily activities of
clinical research staff supporting clinical oncology research
protocols; ensuring accurate data collection, documentation,
organization, and safety of research participants; and developing
clinical trials budgets. The Sr. Manager, Clinical Research -
Oncology will support the Director, Research Operations on various
administrative, operational, and financial duties required to reach
departmental goals and objectives.Job Duties
- Supports the Director, Research Operations overseeing the
clinical research activities of the Division of Surgical Oncology
in the Michael E. DeBakey Department of Surgery, including
recruitment, supervision, training, scheduling, and daily
operations of clinical research staff.
- Serves as the Division of Surgical Oncology clinical research
manager and departmental liaison to the Dan L. Duncan Comprehensive
Cancer Center, the Office of Surgical Research and to academic
collaborators and sponsors at outside institutions.
- Manages strategy, planning, development, and clinical trial
activities across all stages of study lifecycle including protocol
design and development, site initiation, study execution,
regulatory oversight, and closeout processes for clinical studies
and trials in the Division of Surgical Oncology.
- Maintains knowledge of institutional, state, federal and
international guidelines that govern clinical research. Educates
new Faculty and clinical research staff in the Division of Surgical
Oncology generally during the on-boarding and early establishment
processes. Communicates changes on regulations and guidelines to
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with
physicians, department administrators, senior leaders, clinical
operations and other internal and external staff involved in
clinical research operations.
- Responsible for communicating the Institution policies and
procedures to research support staff and Principal
- Provides guidance and timely responses to requests from faculty
seeking to participate in industry and federally funded clinical
studies through coordination of planning/feasibility meetings,
coverage analysis, budget development, internal compliance approval
oversight, and contract negotiations. -
- Manages regulatory submissions and group interactions in the
Cancer Center Clinical Trials Support Unit (CTSU) to ensure
interdepartmental collaboration and compliance with P30-mandated
reporting requirements, including protocol development and
adherence in OnCore. -
- Supports the Director, Research Operations overseeing payroll
and salary administration in the clinical research area and assists
with the implementation of organizational and operational
- Directly supervises a growing team of clinical research
personnel including all levels of Research Coordinators and
research staff. -
- Drafts HR position descriptions and recruits additional
research staff personnel for the Office of Surgical Research.
- Ensures that all internal personnel activities meet College and
organizational objectives in training, recruitment, equal pay,
equal opportunity, transfer, and promotion.
- Establishes and implements quality assurance and quality
control measures/oversight to ensure adherence to College's
policies and regulatory standards.
- Maintains up-to-date and accurate records and reports of
clinical research, and monitors research metrics as requested.
- Five years of relevant experience.Preferred Qualifications
- Knowledge regarding global requirements regarding Clinical
Trials requirements and negotiations.
- Strong negotiation, planning, strategizing, mentoring,
monitoring, scheduling, diplomacy, critiquing, analysis, and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, to clearly
and concisely present information. Baylor College of Medicine
requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved
exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not
limited to, COVID-19 and influenza. Baylor College of Medicine is
an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access
Employer.Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its
students, trainees, faculty, and staff as a prerequisite to
accomplishing our institutional mission and setting standards for
excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical
scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing
patient-centered care. Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Keywords: Baylor College of Medicine, Houston , Senior Manager, Clinical Research, Healthcare , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!