Lab Technician I
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our
world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their
resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across
our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and
development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us
for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and
responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and
defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to
provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical
to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job
to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and
sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across
the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse
talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value
each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all
its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you
to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to
something bigger - a community that is grounded by our core values
and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We
celebrate each other's successes, grow together, and learn from
each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together,
we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive
benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching
career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to
chart your own course. We are focused on providing a challenging
and enriching career path with a healthy balance of structure and
flexibility to chart your own course. We are an innovative, global
company with wide-ranging opportunities that include
career-enhancing talent rotations. Our structured career paths will
ensure that you know what it takes to build your ideal career at
Weatherford when you join our Company. We also offer a
comprehensive benefits program, including health insurance
coverage, income protection plans, a 401(k) savings plan, Company
paid holidays, and paid time off for vacation.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions
are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or
ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other
characteristics protected by law.
Work individually and as a team to setup, assemble, and run test
programs for various oilfield completion tools to meet test
qualifications outlined by industry standard or engineering team.
Maintain testing equipment through scheduled maintenance and keep
lab and testing areas clean. Provide support for the engineering
teams as needed to meet their testing goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Know and understand Weatherford's enterprise excellence program
and the quality policy and comply with all requirements of the
quality systems manual, operating and technical procedures, and
- Maintaining equipment in good working order.
- Gathering test parts, equipment, and set up tests using
overhead hoists and/or forklifts.
- Perform and maintain inventory of test parts and
- Operating test equipment (Triplex Pump, Centrifugal Pumps, Flow
Systems, Nitrogen Boosters, Hydraulic Pumps, Forced-Air High-Temp
Heater Systems, Manual and Pneumatic Valves, etc.)
- Conclude test setups and store equipment properly.
- Maintain the apprarance of offic, lab, and grounds of the
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company
policies of Weatherford.
- Carry out work assignments to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by
supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Train/mentor less experienced employees
- 2-4 years of experience in Oilfield or Lab Enviroments.
- Highschool Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience operation material handling equipment (Forklift,
Overhead Hoist, Scissor Lift, etc.)
- Experience using hand tools (Pipe Wrench, Adjustable Wrench,
Screwdriver, Measuring Tape, etc.)
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to follow verbal instructions.
- Ability to physically respond to emergency situations.
- Ability to read and comprehend drawings/prints and tool
Keywords: Weatherford, Houston , Lab Technician I, Healthcare , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!