Certified Nursing Assistant - CNA
Company: Brookdale Senior Living
Posted on: November 26, 2022
OverviewOverview Are you looking for a career helping seniors
with a one on one assignment? Are you searching for a second job
and/or flexible scheduling? Your search is over- A CNA career with
Brookdale at Home is the Job for you! Most of Brookdales CNA
offices are located within a Brookdale Senior Living Community.
Full-time; Part-time and PRN positions available. Same day
interviews available! Responsibilities One on One companionship
Non-Medical Hands on Care; including dressing, bathing, grooming,
personal care and assistance with transfers Housekeeping and
Laundry Pet Care Transportation to Doctors appointments and other
errands Medication Reminders Now hiring for all shifts, weekend
availability is a must! ResponsibilitiesProvides direct care to
clients, while promoting the clients highest level of functioning,
as directed by the BAH Agency Leader and/or under the supervision
of a licensed nurse when applicable by state rule. Assists in
maintaining the clients environment in a safe and neat manner.
Promotes quality services within non-skilled home care standards as
well as applicable state home care agency regulations.
- Receives and communicates changes in the clients care needs and
requested changes in specific home care services to the BAH Agency
Leader as needed.
- Provides personal care and/or concierge/homemaker/companion
services to the client per their individualized plan of care.
- Documents all pertinent information regarding care as
- Prepares residents for meals and assists to and from the dining
areas. Assists with set up and feeding of meals.
- Assists residents with toilet and incontinence care. Makes
incontinence checks at least every 2 hours and provides incontinent
care as needed when providing care greater than 2 hours in a
- Keeps clients home neat and clean.
- Performs vital signs, B/Ps, weights and other trained
procedures as per clients care plan.
- Completes prevention and restorative care that includes but not
limited to PROM, AROM, ambulation, transferring, bathing, grooming,
and other ADL care according to the plan of care.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the home care agencys policy &
procedures pertinent to role.
- Assists in turning, positioning, and repositioning of
- Communicates effectively with the clients, families, visitors
and the BAH agency leader and scheduler.
- Actively participates in Community Quality Assurance
- Maintains education development to include attending ongoing
education development to maintain compliance with State and Federal
Regulations and current knowledge of client care practices and
maintains compliance with required annual training.
- Maintains client confidentiality.
- Assists clients with activities of daily living, including
bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, transferring, and getting
to and from activities and meals according to the client plan of
- Assists clients with homemaker companion tasks such as laundry,
shopping, light housekeeping, meals, according to the plan of
- Follows infection control and safety policies and
- Maintains means to travel to clients homes to arrive on time
- Communicates with supervisor at least 2 hours prior to
assignment if unable to come to work.This job description
represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above
referenced position. It is not intended to represent a
comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform
all duties as assigned by his/her
supervisor.QualificationsEducation and ExperienceProof of
completing an approved Certified Nursing Assistant program is
required. Six months experience in health care is
preferred.Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special
RequirementsSuccessful completion of State C.N.A. course. Must
maintain CNA certification.Management/Decision MakingMakes standard
and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines with little
independent judgment. Problems are generally solved with clear,
detailed guidelines or by reporting them to a supervisor.Knowledge
and SkillsHas a basic level of a skill and can follow written or
verbal instructions. Has basic technical skills to complete a few
repetitive and well-defined duties. Has a basic knowledge of the
organization in order to answer basic questions. Must have working
knowledge of facility emergency procedures including fire and
disaster drills. Ability to follow facility policies. Ability to
maintain resident confidentiality and adhere to HIPAA
policies.Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from
- Requires Travel: FrequentlyBrookdale is an equal opportunity
employer and a drug-free workplace.Salary Range InformationHiring
at: $13.00 / hourJob
CarePosition TypeRegular Part-TimeShiftAll
ShiftsID2022-190784Location : NameBrookdale West
University-BAHLocation : Address5151 Buffalo SpeedwayLocation :
Keywords: Brookdale Senior Living, Houston , Certified Nursing Assistant - CNA, Healthcare , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!