PACU RN PRN
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Memorial Hermann Surgery Center Texas Medical CenterWe provide
first-class surgical services for local communities and recognize
our employees as our number one assets. As a PACU nurse at our
facility, you have the opportunity to enjoy no calls, no weekends
and no holidays. We focus on offering a high quality, ambulatory
care alternative to a hospital for surgical procedures. We have
been in operation at this locationsince 1985 and perform over 6,000
surgeries per year. Speciality areas include ENT, GI Lab, General
Surgery, GYN, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, Pain Management, Plastic
Surgery, Podiatry, Oral Surgery and Urology.Job Summary: Under the
direct supervision of the Pre-Op/PACU manager, the PACU nurse is
responsible for implementing all physician orders, providing for
the continuity and quality of nursing care for all patients, with
continual evaluation of the patients'' condition, providing patient
safety, comfort, and privacy at all time. At times, assist the
physicians in the procedure rooms with various tasks, conscious
sedation and utilizing sterile technique as deemed appropriate.
Responsible for providing total comprehensive patient care to
patients emerging from general anesthesia and/or sedation.
Responsible for assessment, planning, implementation, and
evaluation of the patient and family in preparation for
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Currently licensed in the state
- Current BLS, ACLS and PALS
- Minimum of 2 years experience in PACU or ICU
- SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Interdependent Partnering
- Good communication and human relations skills. -
- Mastering Complexity
- Ability to organize and follow through on own initiative.
- Ability to master new skills. -
- Thorough knowledge of all phases of perioperative process
including knowledge of surgical procedures and anesthesia
- Current nursing assessment and patient care skills.
- Telemetry experience necessary -
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current license to practice nursing in the state.
- CPR certified. ACLS certification is required within 6 months
of employment if not currently certified. -
- Critical Care or PACU experience preferred. -
- Work environment
- Outpatient Surgery
- Physical demands (i.e. works on a computer, use of telephone,
lifts up to 50 lbs.)
- Works on computer, uses telephone.
- Intermittent physical mobility/activity including walking,
standing, sitting. Light lifting, pulling and pushing of carts,
equipment, ect. Must be able to bend body downward at the waist, be
able to kneel. -The above statements reflect the general outline
considered necessary to describe the principle functions of this
job. It shall not be construed as a detailed description of all
work requirements of the position. -Employment practices will not
be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race,
color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age,
disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally
protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for
qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would
result in an undue hardship.
Keywords: USPI, Houston , PACU RN PRN, Healthcare , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!