Market Medical Director - WellMed Medical Group - Houston, TX
Company: UnitedHealth Group
Posted on: November 26, 2022
A partner of the OptumCare network, WellMed Medical Group (WMG)
is seeking an Market Medical Director for Houston, TX. We are
transforming healthcare nationally while providing Physician-led
care locally. Start doing your life's best work with the largest
care delivery organization in the world.
The Market Medical Director (MMD) is a key member of the Market
Leadership and Management Team who shares responsibility for
decision making and outcomes in the market with the other members
of the market team. The MMD is responsible for improving the
quality and efficiency of medical care in his/her clinics of
- Develops and maintains collegial relationships with contracted
& affiliated physicians to support the business efforts of the
- Conducts and directs standardized, functional Patient Care
Coordination (PCC) meetings and ensures patient information is
disseminated to physicians to ensure appropriate patient care is
- Implement market specific initiatives and ensures that
processes and procedures are aligned with the business model.
- Drives improvement of quality indicators in assigned market by
identifying, directing, and executing continuous quality
improvement activities or processes.
- Participates in Committees, as needed.
- Collaborates with Market Operations and Provider Relations
staff in the market(s).
- Assists in the identification of potential physician practice
acquisitions in assigned market.
- Partnering with the Clinical Affordability team to support new
innovative approaches to making healthcare more efficient and
meaningful to PCPs and patients alike; ultimately bending the cost
curve in region
- Developing and cascading clinical outcome/improvement messaging
to business units to foster tighter working culture
- Helping set agendas/strategies and leading multifaceted teams
of Physician Business Managers, Risk Adjustment RNs, and Quality
- Assist driving aligned performance in largely an independently
contracted provider network through the development of meaningful
relationships, financial and quality incentives, best practices,
forward thinking solutions to improve our value proposition to
- Assist in the identification and development of current/new
best practices in support of continuous financial and quality
- Serve as an integral dyad partner interfacing with Corporate
level support divisions, to include: Quality, Risk Adjustment, Cost
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
What makes an OptumCare organization different?
- WellMed is a Medicare Advantage Plan that operates as a health
system focused on Quality/Value Based Outcomes
- Our care model limits daily volume to allow our providers the
time needed to provide quality care to their patients
- We offer clinical and leadership growth and stability second to
- Providers are supported to practice at the peak of their
- We are influencing change on a national scale while maintaining
the culture and community of our local care organizations
- OptumCare Physician Partnership Plan
- 401k with match, Executive Savings Plan with Match, and UHG
Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Comprehensive Benefits from Optum Partner Services
At WellMed our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative
health care, striving to change the face of health care for
seniors. We're impacting 240,000+ lives, primarily Medicare
eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and
multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management
services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family
of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and
to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong
effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their
dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that
means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your
life's best work.
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.), Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.), or
- Board certification in Family or Internal Medicine
- Five or more years of clinical experience, including two or
more years of managed care experience
- Active, unrestricted medical license in Texas or the ability to
obtain one rapidly
- Valid DEA license
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this
role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster
doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth
Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as
well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of
vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to
ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential
job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) fluency
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and
communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate
companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination
status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and
locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as
an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all
federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well
as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the
necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure
compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job
functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet
the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an
employment offer or termination of employment.
The OptumCare Story:
At OptumCare, we've found that putting clinicians at the center of
care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led
organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care
organizations in the world, serving over 14 million people through
more than 38,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice
clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics,
surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused
on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change
through collaboration and innovation. Learn more about our journey
Would you thrive with OptumCare?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality
care, not volume?
- Are you a team player - comfortable delegating and empowering
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire
organization around one giant objective; make health care work
better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's
large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health
and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our
first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to
serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses,
brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas
on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest
potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams
against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible
ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do
your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are
required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Houston , Market Medical Director - WellMed Medical Group - Houston, TX, Healthcare , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!