Consultation & Reference Lab Tech III - Evening
Company: Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Position Title: Consultation & Reference Lab Tech III - Evening
Location 1: Blood Center Headquarters (La Concha) Hours per week:
40 Work week: Monday to Friday Shift: 3pm to 11pm Driving position:
No Description: GULF COAST REGIONAL BLOOD CENTERLocation: 1400
LaConcha Lane in Houston, Texas 77054 Position Title: Consultation
and Reference Lab Technician III Industry Titles: MT, MLS, SBB,
Medical Laboratory Scientist, Specialist in Blood Banking, Medical
Laboratory Technician, Medical Technologist, Medical Technician,
Clinical Laboratory Scientist, Clinical Laboratory Technician, Lab
Specialist Join our team of heroes!Are you looking for more than a
job? We are hiring technically astute and highly talented
Laboratory Professionals to join our team.Our Consultation and
Reference Lab Technicians prepare special blood components and
perform patient and donor tests to support over 170 hospitals and
service partners across the Greater Gulf Coast area. With their
dedication, we remain one of the top reference laboratories in
Houston.This laboratory position provides an opportunity for
professional growth within our organization and a chance to utilize
your skills to support our community.This role is great for those
who work with precision, are inquisitive, have a knack for quality
and takes pride in delivering quality service to community partners
and patients. JUST FOR YOU:
- Night shift and Compressed options.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Texas Medical Center location with free parking.
- Education and Career advancement.
- Mentoring for advanced certification as a Specialist in Blood
- Engaging and exciting opportunity to SAVE LIVES. Tips to thrive
in our culture:
- Embody our Core Values of Commitment, Integrity, and
- Work to actively create experiences that inspire others to save
lives, each and every day.
- Embrace doing it right, making connections, and creating
- Comply with all organizational policies and standards,
including safety rules, and be willing to report actual and
potential violations to the appropriate supervisor or manager. In
this role, you'll:
- Demonstrate competency in essential functions of Tech II.
- Under the guidance of a Specialist, perform, interpret, and
document moderately complex antibody identification, compatibility
testing, and donor serological testing.
- Prepare consultation reports.
- Evaluate and process requests and patient samples per
- Record, place and fill orders for antigen-negative red blood
- Monitor inventory of components.
- Prepare washed and deglycerolized RBCs.
- Perform quality control and preventative maintenance as
- Prepare reagents.
- Enter rare cell and serum samples into database.
- Adhere to department guidelines, rules, regulations and
Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). We need someone who:
- Earned a Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) certification from
an accredited program (ASCP or equivalent) plus minimum 2 years
advanced and recent (within past 2 years) blood bank and
immunohematology experience; OR
- Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) from an accredited program
(ASCP or equivalent) with recent (within past 2 years) blood bank
and immunohematology experience; OR
- MLS new graduate eligible to take certification exam;
certification must be obtained within 6 months of employment.
Failure to obtain certification may lead to termination of
employment.For MLTs, ASCP certification or equivalent required at
hire.For MLS with relevant experience, ASCP required upon hire; if
new graduate, certification must be obtained within 6 months of
employment. Failure to obtain certification within required time
frame may lead to termination of employment. Think you have what it
takes to save lives with us? We want to hear from you. EQUAL
OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENTThe Blood Center is an Affirmative
Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants
for positions are considered without regard to race/ethnicity,
color, religion, national origin, age, pregnancy, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, transgender status, military status,
protected veteran status, disability status, genetic testing
results or any other basis or characteristic prohibited by
applicable law, statute, regulation or Executive Order.
Keywords: Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center, Houston , Consultation & Reference Lab Tech III - Evening, Healthcare , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!