Clinical Research Specialist-Heart Failure, Transplant
Company: Houston Methodist
Posted on: January 28, 2023
At Houston Methodist, the Clinical Research Specialist position is
responsible for supporting multiple projects under supervision of
Clinical Trial Manager which may include clinical research
protocols, gathering patient data via methods specified in the
study protocol, study reports. This position ensures accurate data
collection, documentation organization, and safety of study
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities labeled EF capture those duties that are
essential functions of the job.
PEOPLE - 20%
- Supports the interprofessional team of clinical research
investigators, nurses and coordinators. Promotes a positive work
environment and contributes to a dynamic, team-focused work unit
that actively helps one other to achieve optimal department
- Conducts self in a manner that is congruent with cultural
diversity, equity and inclusion principles. Contributes towards
improvement of department scores for employee engagement, i.e.
peer-to-peer accountability. (EF)
SERVICE - 30%
- Performs clinical research support functions as assigned by the
clinical trial manager including but not limited to informed
consent for non-interventional studies, data abstraction and
recording in CRFs. (EF)
- Makes phone calls to study patients for appointment reminders
and follow-up. (EF)
- Transports blood and tissue samples. Processes and packages lab
samples for shipping to sponsor or storage at site per the study
manual of operations. (EF)
QUALITY/SAFETY - 20%
- Completes required case report forms and resolves queries.
Ensures accurate data collection, documentation organization, and
safety of study volunteers. Ensures accurate regulatory filing.
- Assists Clinical Trial Manager in identifying opportunities
research work flow process improvement, providing recommendations,
and contributes to meeting department and hospital targets for
quality and safety. (EF)
FINANCE - 15%
- Assures study conduct meets appropriate IRB, FDA, ICH and
agency guidelines. (EF)
- Utilizes resources with cost effectiveness and value creation
in mind. Self-motivated to independently manage time effectively
and prioritize daily tasks, assisting coworkers as needed. (EF)
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 15%
- Assist in simple data analysis, with development of training
materials for data reports, systems and collection and report
- Leads and identifies opportunities for performance improvement.
Supports change initiatives and adapts to unexpected changes.
- Seeks opportunities to identify self-development needs and
takes appropriate action. Ensures own career discussions occur with
appropriate management. Completes and updates the My Development
Plan on an on-going basis. (EF)
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the
employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job
duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise
job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
o Bachelor's degree in health science-related field
o One year experience in healthcare setting preferred
o Research setting preferred
Keywords: Houston Methodist, Houston , Clinical Research Specialist-Heart Failure, Transplant, Healthcare , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!