Registered Respiratory Therapist PRN
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Description IntroductionDo you have the PRN career opportunities
as a Registered Respiratory Therapist PRN you want with your
current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join
HCA Houston Healthcare Medical Center which is part of the nation's
leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.BenefitsHCA
Houston Healthcare Medical Center, offers a total rewards package
that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our
colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want
to work as a Registered Respiratory Therapist PRN where your
passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If
you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this
could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and
expertise!Job Summary and Qualifications
- Maintains established department policies, procedures,
objectives, and quality assurance, safety.
- Sets-up equipment and medications and administers respiratory
treatment s as ordered by the physician; electronically documents
treatment, response and progress.
- Sets up, operates and monitors ventilator when the patient
respiratory system is incapable of spontaneous ventilation.
- Performs arterial puncture and arterial blood analysis.
- Observes patients, checks equipment, and makes changes
necessary during patient rounds.
- Obtains and/or documents patient vital signs, and equipment
settings as required by the specific procedure or test.
- Provides instructions in therapeutic procedures to the patient,
family or staff.
- Assures delivery of quality respiratory therapy services;
available for consultation with medical, nursing, and
- Conducts and/or assists with special procedures, including
pulmonary function studies and bronchoscopy.
- Provides for proper cleaning and sterilization of all
respiratory therapy equipment to ensure safe patient care.
- Has knowledge of Performance Improvement.
- Achieved professional goals set during previous evaluation
period.What qualifications you will need:
- Basic Cardiac Life Support OR must be obtained within 30 days
of employment start date
- RRT/Respiratory Care Practitioner (RRT / RCP) NBRC
- State of Texas Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Graduate in Respiratory Therapy from an accredited program
- 2 years experience required in an acute settingThis role
requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local,
state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or
religious exemption is approved). is a 445+ bed acute care hospital
located in the heart of central Houston, adjacent to the Medical
Center and Museum District, and provides quality care for the
greater Houston area. Established in 1975, our hospital has been
serving Houston for more than 40 years. We provide a wide range of
medical services, including cardiology, bariatrics, orthopedics,
neurology, emergency care and more. Our comprehensive medical
specialties are here to offer individualized care to every
individual that walks through our doors. We also offer 24/7
emergency services and two intensive care units: surgical intensive
care unit (SICU) and medical intensive care unit (MICU). We are an
accredited Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and
Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP) Center and an accredited
Chest Pain Center with Primary PCI. We are members of HCA Houston
Healthcare, the most comprehensive family of hospitals in the
region and part of the leading provider of healthcare in the
country, HCA Healthcare. Together we are stronger, smarter and more
accessible in providing the patient-centered care you need close to
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If you are looking for an opportunity
that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to
apply for our Registered Respiratory Therapist PRN opening. We
review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for
interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!We are an
equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We
do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status
Keywords: Nurse.com, Houston , Registered Respiratory Therapist PRN, Healthcare , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!