Registered Nurse - PICU
Company: The Woman's Hospital of Texas
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Introduction Do you currently have an opportunity to make a real
impact with your work? With over 2,000 sites of care and serving
over 31.2 million patient interactions every year, nurses at The
Woman's Hospital of Texas have the opportunity to make a real
impact. As a(an) Registered Nurse - PICU you can be a part of
Benefits The Woman's Hospital of Texas, offers a total rewards
package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of
our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
It is an exciting time to be a nurse at HCA Healthcare! Come unlock
your career potential and see how rewarding it can be to reach your
personal and professional goals. Help to advance the practice of
nursing and improve positive outcomes for your patients as a (an)
Registered Nurse - PICU. We want your knowledge and expertise!
What You will Do In Your Role:
- You will consistently apply the nursing process, critical
thinking skills, scientific judgment, technical skills and
leadership to independently deliver safe nursing care to
- You will collaborate with the patient care team to achieve
quality patient outcomes
- You will provide communication, confidence, and professionalism
as evidenced by active engagement in unit and organizational
- You will demonstrate team work, adaptability, and serving as a
resource to the patient care team
- You will have accountability for delivering quality nursing
care services and for promoting a positive image of nursing What
qualifications you will need:
- Graduate of an accredited diploma, associates, or baccalaureate
degree registered nursing program.
- BSN preferred
- Minimum of six (6) months of clinical experience as a licensed
- Current Registered Nurse License in the State of Texas or
Multi-State Compact License (Employees with RN Compact License are
required to obtain Texas RN License within 90 days of hire date)
- Current American Heart Association BLS Certification
- PALS within 12 month of hire
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on
local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical
or religious exemption is approved).
At The Woman's Hospital of Texas , our care philosophy is Woman
First. It's in our name, and it's in our founding mission. Our 420+
bed hospital was founded in 1976 by 29 physicians who recognized a
need in Houston for a facility focused solely on women in all
stages of life. We were the first women's hospital in Houston and
first facility in Texas dedicated to the health of women and
newborns. Today, we are the state's premier facility dedicated to
the health of women and children offering expertise and an
outstanding level of care in breast health, imaging, gynecology,
minimally invasive surgery, infertility, obstetrics, high-risk
pregnancy, and pediatrics. We deliver 800+ babies a month, more
than any other hospital in Texas, and care for more multiple births
than any other hospital in the region. Our Level IV NICU provides
the highest level of care for premature babies and we have the
area's only March of Dimes NICU Family Support program. As a member
of HCA Houston Healthcare, the most comprehensive healthcare
provider in the region, we are a part of a network that delivers
stronger, smarter and more accessible care to women than any other
medical system across the Houston area.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different
ways to do it." - Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder Be a part of an organization that
leverages our size to make a real impact in our industry! Our
Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our
Registered Nurse - PICU opening. Submit your application today and
help advance the practice of nursing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: The Woman's Hospital of Texas, Houston , Registered Nurse - PICU, Healthcare , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!