Registered Nurse, Clinical Operations and Preparedness - Clinical
Company: Harris County
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Registered Nurse, Clinical Operations and PreparednessPosition
About Harris County Public Health:
Harris County Public Health (HCPH) includes a network of more than
700 public health professionals working together to improve health
outcomes for the third most populous county in the United States.
HCPH provides a multitude of services such as medical and dental
services, community programming, and health education for the
approximately 2.3 million people in unincorporated Harris County.
Through its core values of innovation, engagement, and health
equity, HCPH strives to bring meaningful solutions to public health
issues while keeping Harris County healthy and vibrant.
This non-traditional nursing role is unique to Harris County Public
Health (HCPH). It encompasses dual accountability and
responsibility to the Community Health and Wellness Division (CHW)
and the Office of Public Health Preparedness and Response (OPHPR)
as a department clinical resource nurse and the key liaison for
clinically-oriented HCPH public health emergency and preparedness
plans respectively. The incumbent will serve as a resource for CHW
clinical policy, procedure, competencies and nursing practice and
as key preparedness/emergency management liaison to HCPH clinical
and epidemiological programs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Develop and maintain an robust clinical nurse resource office
including development and monitoring of policy, procedure,
guidelines and competencies relevant to nursing practice
* Develop and maintain a system-wide community of practice for
* Develop and maintain external partnerships with relevant nursing
programs to provide internship opportunities and cultivate a public
health nursing pipeline
* Serve as the primary public health emergency preparedness liaison
to internal clinical sites and various entities, including but not
limited to public/private hospitals in Harris County metropolitan
area, physician offices and practice groups, nursing associations
and other health care providers
* Create, maintain and regularly update clinically-related Public
Health emergency preparedness plans (PHEP), relevant training and
* Facilitate and assure integration of PHEP into the larger context
of public health functions
* Represent HCPH in disaster planning activities and real-time
response activities with hospitals and other key health care
* Assist in writing of after-action reports and other
* May be assigned to assist in epidemiologic investigation and/or
* Other duties as assigned
Harris County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you need special services or accommodations, please call (713)
274-5445 or emailADACoordinator@bmd.hctx.net.
This position is subject to a criminal history check. Only relevant
convictions will be considered and, even when considered, may not
automatically disqualify the candidate.
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree from an accredited
* Licensed to practice nursing in the State of Texas or willing to
acquire a Texas License
* At least three (3) years of nursing experience
* At least two (2) years of experience in Emergency management &
planning or other related experience
* At least five (5) years of leadership experience
* This is a largely sedentary role; however, some duties would
require the ability to lift up to 20 pounds and bending & standing
for periods at a time. This position requires work to be performed
NOTE:Qualifying education, experience, knowledge and skills must be
documented on your job application. You may attach a resume to the
application as supporting documentation butONLY information stated
on the application will be used for consideration. "See Resume"
will not be accepted for qualifications. General Information
* Harris County Public Health (2223 W. Loop South, 77027)
* Majority office based and will include occasional travel across
Harris County to collaborate with community partners. The incumbent
will be required to work in fast-paced, constantly evolving
Position Type and Typical Hours of Work:
* This is a full-time position.
* Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, from
8am to 5 pm.
* Others days and hours as necessary.
* Understands the organizational mission
* Understands ethics and public good; is concerned with public
* Demonstrates respect for the opinions and beliefs of others
* Contributes to an inclusive workplace where equity, diversity,
inclusion, and individual differences are valued and leveraged to
achieve the vision and mission
* Demonstrates a sense of responsibility for the success of the
* Collaborates with others to improve quality and address needs
* Ability to adapt to change
Interpersonal Abilities/Personal Characteristics
* Treats others with courtesy, sensitivity, and respect
* Behaves in an honest, fair, and ethical manner.
* Assesses and recognizes own strengths and weaknesses
* Uses sound judgment
* Organizes and maintains work environment to allow for maximum
* Communicates clearly and effectively, both orally and in
Employment may be contingent on passing a drug screen and meeting
Due to a high volume of applications positions may close prior to
the advertised closing date or at the discretion of the Hiring
Keywords: Harris County, Houston , Registered Nurse, Clinical Operations and Preparedness - Clinical, Healthcare , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!