Registered Nurse - Flex Team - Med Surg
Company: Texas Children's Hospital
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Registered Nurse - Flex TeamJob Summary
We are searching for a Registered Nurse (Flex Team) who can work well in a fast-paced setting. In this position you'll provide quality nursing care to critical care patients by assessing, planning, educating, implementing, and evaluating age appropriate care in a manner that incorporates family centered principals and cost-effective care. This role will float between units such as ER, ICU, PACU, General Peds Acute Care and Cancer Center.
Think you've got what it takes?
* Pediatric ICU experience
* Pediatric Acute Care experience
* Night Vacancies (as well as PICU - Nights specific)
* Performs and documents assessment of the patient/family including bio-physical, psychosocial, developmental (age-appropriate), cultural, spiritual, and environmental needs in an organized and systematic manner
* Collects and analyzes data from the medical record in order to coordinate patient care
* Identifies patient's needs pertaining to patient teaching, discharge planning, growth and development, nutritional screening, functional status, and pain management
* Re-prioritizes and updates plan of care based on new information and changes in the patient's condition; communicates this information to other health care team members and documents in the medical record
* Discusses the patient's plan of care with family and/or significant individuals and documents in the medical record as appropriate
* Evaluates and documents patient's response to the care provided and recognizes the patient's progress toward meeting the desired outcomes and discusses with the patient/family
* Formulates, implements, and documents individualized teaching plan based on patient/family assessment
* Serves as a patient/family advocate while caring for patients and collaborating with other health care team members
* Administers and documents medications and treatments in a timely manner
* Demonstrate willingness and ability to acquire new knowledge and utilize new skills needed to improve individual, team, and organizational performances
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children's, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
* Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
* Current licensure with the Board of Nursing for the State of Texas or Compact Licensure required
* Current BLS from the American Heart Association is required
* (1) year of professional nursing experience
Texas Children's Hospital West Campus is Houston's first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city's most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
Texas Children's is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Registered Nurse - Flex TeamJob Summary
Keywords: Texas Children's Hospital, Houston , Registered Nurse - Flex Team - Med Surg, Healthcare , Houston, Texas
here to apply!