Registered Nurse (RN) - Float Team - Float
Company: Texas Children's Hospital
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Registered Nurse (RN) - Float TeamJob Summary
We are searching for a a Float Nurse-someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position you'll provide quality nursing care to patients by assessing, planning, educating, implementing, and evaluating age appropriate care in a manner that incorporates family centered principles and cost effective care. We need someone who can collect and analyze data from the medical record in order to coordinate patient care.
Think you've got what it takes?- Looking for ICU or Acute care experience
* pediatric experience a plus
POSITION IS FULL TIME DAYS
* Performs and documents assessment of the patient/family including biophysical, psychosocial, developmental (age-appropriate), culture, spiritual, and environmental needs in an organized and systematic manner
* Analyzes situations, anticipates potential problems, and detects changes in patient status
* Re-prioritizes and updates plan of care based on new information and changes to the patient's condition; communicates this information to other health care team members and documents in the medical record
* Participates in interdisciplinary rounds and/or patient care conferences and documents in the medical record
* Assists patients/family in implementing their role in the plan of care as appropriate
* Assess patient family learning needs capabilities, preferences, and readiness to learn prior to teaching
* Demonstrates positive and effective interpersonal skills when dealing with patients/families, visitors, peers, and other health care team members
* Administers and documents medications and treatments in a timely manner
* Demonstrates willingness and ability to acquire new knowledge and utilize new skills needed to improve individual, team, and organizational performance
* Participate in unit performance improvement initiatives
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children's, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
* Bachelor's degree in nursing, associate's degree, or technical diploma in nursing with acceptance or current enrollment in a BSN program and signed agreement or an associate's degree in a related field accepted by the Texas Board of Nursing for the purposes of obtaining and maintaining an RN license required or must be currently enrolled in a nursing bridge program working toward an MSN with a verified BSN-equivalency or a signed agreement.
* 1 year experience in nursing (minimum)
* RN License by Texas Board of Nursing or Nurse License Compact
* CPR - Basic Life Support from the American Heart Association
* The ability to demonstrate positive and appropriate interpersonal skills, good time and resource management skills, flexibility, strong oral and written communication skills, knowledge of unit-specific equipment, and knowledge of the nursing process, critical thinking skills, PALS, and interdisciplinary collaboration
Since 1954, Texas Children's has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children's hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city's Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children's comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children's Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children's Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children's Hospital The Woodlands, a second community hospital opening in 2017. We have also created the nation's first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children's Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
Texas Children's is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved
Registered Nurse (RN) - Float TeamJob Summary
Keywords: Texas Children's Hospital, Houston , Registered Nurse (RN) - Float Team - Float, Healthcare , Houston, Texas
here to apply!