Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Technician
Company: Vallourec - North America
Posted on: May 28, 2023
- Ensure consistent adherence to, and execution of, Company
safety and environmental standards.
- Provide technical support in management of EHS related topics
including: Lockout, Confined Space, Emergency Response, Hazard
Communication, Overhead Cranes, Mobile Equipment, Cardinal Safety
Rules, Waste Management, Spill Response, Storm Water etc.
- Perform onsite safety audits of employees, processes,
contractors, vendors, etc.
- Recognize process safety conditions and coach operations staff
- Manage HSE incident investigations and reporting, including
root cause analysis, development of corrective action strategies,
maintaining statistical information, recommending program revisions
as appropriate and issue required reports to Management.
- Provide technical support and problem solving in
troubleshooting safety and environmental issues
- Coordinate and instruct safety-related training classes, and
act as subject matter expert for Safety meetings.
- Vendor interface for company policy communications &
- Know and follow all Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE)
- Always know and use appropriate Personal Protective Equipment
- Exercise stop work authority in the event of unsafe conditions
- Assist in writing technical and management systems reports and
- Establish and maintain EHS controls and documentation
- Assist with internal compliance audits and program
- Oversee department sub-contractor support as needed
- Support the EHS department as a valuable and knowledgeable
- May conduct other tasks as required EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND
- HSE regulatory knowledge
- Environmental regulatory knowledge
- Outstanding communication skills
- Highly organized and able to successfully manage multiple
- Capable of working independently in a self-directed environment
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Associate of Science degree in Safety or any HSE-related
- First responder/CPR trained (desired)
- Experience with OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001, Integrated Management
Systems, and associated documentation and audits (desired)
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in safety experience
- Experience working within manufacturing industry preferred
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred
Keywords: Vallourec - North America, Houston , Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Technician, Healthcare , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...