Company: UT Health Science Center
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Nurse Practitioner - Acute Care - Dunn Behavioral Sciences
Center/HCPC at UTHealth HoustonWhat we do here changes the world.
UTHealth Houston is Texas' resource for healthcare education,
innovation, scientific discovery, and excellence in patient care.
That's where you come in.
Once you join us you won't want to leave. It's because we reward
our team for the excellent service they provide. Our total rewards
package includes the benefits you'd expect from a top healthcare
organization (benefits, insurance, etc.), plus:
* 100% paid medical premiums for our full-time employees
* Generous time off (holidays, preventative leave day, both
vacation and sick time - all of which equates to around 37-38 days
* The longer you stay, the more vacation you'll accrue!
* Longevity Pay (Monthly payments after two years of service)
* Build your future with our awesome retirement/pension plan!
We take care of our employees! As a world-renowned institution, our
employees' wellbeing is important to us. We offer work/life
services such as...
* Free financial and legal counseling
* Free mental health counseling services
* Gym membership discounts and access to wellness programs
* Other employee discounts including entertainment, car rentals,
cell phones, etc.
* Resources for child and elder care
* Plus many more!
Join a growing team! With the opening of Dunn Behavioral Sciences
Center/HCPC at UTHealth, we will soon have the largest academic
psychiatric hospital in the country, serving the region with an
500+ bed facility. Our dedicated health care employees will have
the opportunity to be exposed to a variety of mental health
specialties and cutting-edge research. With exposure to a variety
of specialties such as Acute, Subacute, and Intensive Outpatient,
Continuum of Care, Mood Disorders, ECT, Early Onset Treatment ,
Adult General Psychiatry, Competency Restoration, Child and
Adolescent, Juvenile Justice, Geriatric Psychiatry, Treatment Mall
and Unit-Based Programming.
This dedicated team will work in an integrated campus to bring
world class resources to the community. Apply today to be a part of
this committed team serving the mental health needs of the
Provides advanced nursing care to patients with complex acute,
critical, and/or chronic health conditions in a clinic or hospital
setting in one or more specialized areas under the direction of a
Location: Dunn Behavioral Sciences Center/HCPC at UTHealth
Dept.: BSC Psychiatry
Position Key Accountabilities:
1. Conducts complex, standardized patient care procedures which
require experience and specialized training which would otherwise
be performed by a physician, but which do not constitute the
practice of medicine.
2. Conducts independent and physician supervised rounding on
3. Performs relevant patient evaluations and assessments, and
provides appropriate treatment; including monitoring and ordering
4. Coordinates, directs, and implements the patient's plan of
5. Assists in collecting patient histories, screens for
co-morbidities, and provides guidance and preventative health care
6. Performs physical examinations and provides episodic care, or
problem-oriented care, under the supervision of a physician.
7. Orders appropriate laboratory, diagnostic and radiographic
tests, and interprets results.
8. Monitors the treatment program of the patient to inform the
attending physician of pertinent medical information.
9. Facilitates patient education relating to medical processes,
medication, nutrition, and health promotion or preventative health
10. Assists physicians in formulating therapeutic decisions.
11. Maintains appropriate records, and prepares charts for review
and counter signature by physician.
12. Prepares and cares for supplies and equipment.
13. Responds to emergency situations.
14. Performs within the scope of practice prescribed by licensure
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
Current Texas Licensure as a Registered Nurse
Current Texas Licensure as an APRN-NP
Current specialty certification as required by department,
excluding FNP certification unless paired with a post master's
certification in specialty.
Basic Life Support (BLS) certified or specialty certification as
required by department.
Masters in Nursing as NP or Masters in Nursing with completion of a
post-masters Nurse Practitioner Certification Program.
None; previous experience in area of clinical focus preferred.
Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds
frequently and/or up to 10 pounds constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive
and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code --
Military occupations that relate to the initial selection criteria
and registration or licensure requirements for this position may
include but are not limited to: 0904, 0963, 1976, 46Y1C, 46Y1H,
66B, 66C, 4A0X1, 46YX, 65D, 230X, PHA10, 42GX, 66P, 66R, 290X.
For a complete list please visit www.uthealth-veterans.jobs.
Employees must permanently reside and work in the State of
Keywords: UT Health Science Center, Houston , Nurse Practitioner , Healthcare , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!