Home Therapies RN - Home Health
Company: Fresenius Medical Care
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Home Therapies RNDescription
Inspire and inform each patient. Allow others to achieve their most
important objectives while you achieve yours. Improve their
prospects-and the vitality of your career. Connect with your goals
and change liveswith Fresenius Medical Care North America.
Create strong, vital connections with your knowledge and kind
reassurance. Enhance lives and your potential for success with the
global leader in dialysis healthcare: Fresenius Medical Care North
America. By forming powerful bonds among patients, their families,
and our team members, we have built an atmosphere of clinical
excellence and trust. Offering vast resources, we advance careers
and the healthcare of countless individuals.
Why Join the Fresenius Team?Passion. Dedication. Knowledge.
Motivation. Experience. These are the impressive qualities you'll
find in the Fresenius Leadership Team. Our strength in the North
American market and extensive global network provide our employees
with the best of both worlds-the friendliness of a local
organization and the stability of a worldwide organization-for
diverse experiences and challenging career opportunities. When you
join the Fresenius Medical Care team, you'll be welcomed into a
company that is built on the philosophy that our employees are our
most important asset. Our career advantages include the
* Fresenius Medical Care is the nation's largest provider of renal
care, meeting the needs of more than 135,000 patients at 1,800
clinics throughout the country.
* Our well-established, trusted organization fosters a spirit of
camaraderie, emphasizing friendly collaboration, professional
support, and career development.
* Superior training, UltraCare quality control, and certification
procedures ensure your potential to succeed and advance as a
* Competitive compensation and exceptional benefits.
* Outstanding tuition reimbursement program.
* Recognized among Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies in
* National Safety Award from CNA insurance companies for 11
* Opportunities to give back by participating in philanthropy and
community outreach programs.
Staff RNTake this opportunity to build a promising career with a
healthcare leader. The professional we select will provide direct
patient care, perform all technical dialysis procedures, assess
response and make appropriate adjustments as directed by supervisor
or physician. This individual will assess patient and document
findings, administer medications, as well as assess and address
patient/family educational needs regarding end-stage renal disease,
dialysis therapy, diet and medications. PURPOSE AND SCOPE:Supports
FMCNA's mission, vision, core values and customer service
philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including
following all regulatory and FMS policy requirements. Functions as
a member of the Home Dialysis Team as the Home Therapy Staff
Nurse.Ensures provision of quality Home Dialysis Training and
patient care in accordance with FMS policies, procedures and the
UltraCare at Home principles.Supports FMCNA's commitment to the
Quality Assessment Performance Improvement Program (QAPI)) and CQI
activities, including those related to patient satisfaction.
Actively participates in Quality Assessment Performance Improvement
(QAPI) process that may enhance the likelihood that patients will
achieve established FMCNA Quality Target Goals. DUTIES /
ACTIVITIES: CUSTOMER SERVICE:
* Responsible for driving the FMS culture through values and
customer service standards
* Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and
* Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective
and timely communication.
* Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up
regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
* Provides safe and effective training and oversight of the
delivery of home dialysis therapy to the patient in compliance with
standards outlined in the FMS Home Peritoneal Dialysis Policy and
Procedure Manual, or/Home Hemodialysis Policy and Procedure Manual
, as well as regulations set forth by the Corporation, state and
federal agencies. Accountable for providing outstanding quality of
patient care, as defined by FMS quality goals and standards.
* Assists in the identification, evaluation and selection of Home
Dialysis training candidates, and Home Partners as appropriate for
the FMS Home Dialysis Program,
* Educates the patient/Home Partner and family regarding ESRD and
the availability of the FMS Treatment Options Program.(TOP)
* Performs assessment of the Home Dialysis training candidate's
home environment for suitability in the ongoing delivery of home
* Assesses the Home Dialysis patient and Home Partner/family
readiness and potential ability to perform dialysis treatments at
* Participates in and ensures all FMCNA policies regarding patient
admission, transfer, and discharge are appropriately
* Admits all new home patients and documents the appropriate
processes as required by policy and procedure.
* Provides safe and effective delivery of home dialysis training
and education to patients with End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) who
have selected a home modality as a dialysis therapy.
* Trains the home dialysis candidate/Home Partner as appropriate on
the safe and effective operation and maintenance of all home
dialysis equipment and treatment supplies through an organized and
formalized Home Dialysis Training Program.
* Provides ongoing education to patients regarding their renal
dialysis, peritoneal or vascular access and home dialysis therapy,
and other related health conditions.
* Assesses and manages patients' response to home dialysis training
and treatment therapy by following prescribed predetermined
* Communicates patient related issues to the physician as
* Reports adverse patient events at home or in the clinic, as well
as equipment and technology related problems to the Clinical
Manager/Home Therapy Program Manager, and physician including the
correct documentation of such events.
* Coordinates the transfer or discharge of patients to the
hemodialysis or transplant clinic when needed and appropriate.
* Reviews, transcribes, and enters physician lab orders accurately
into Proton,AMI or Ecube medical information systems as
* Follows company policies and government regulations related to
the collection, packaging, and delivery of lab specimens and
reporting of results.
* Maintains competency with all emergency operational procedures,
and initiates CPR and emergency measures in the event of a cardiac
and/or respiratory arrest when the patient is in the dialysis
* Administers medications as prescribed including following
prescribed algorithms (as appropriate), and documents appropriate
medical justification if indicated and maintains records on
controlled substances as required by law.
* Documents all relevant data including physician orders, lab
results, vital signs, and treatment parameters, and patient status
and any treatment related data appropriately, and enters into the
appropriate medical information system.
* Completes all monthly and annual reporting as required by FMS
policies and government regulations.
* Submits CQI information to Clinical Manager or Program Manager
for completion of HT QAI Template for inclusion in facility QAPI
* Participates in all monthly QAPI meetings and all required staff
meetings as scheduled.
* Rotates coverage with other licensed staff to ensure reliable and
adequate coverage and participates in 24/7 on-call coverage as
* Participate in staff training and orientation of new staff as
* Maintains appropriate skill level in the operation of all home
dialysis therapy-related equipment, including the ability to
troubleshoot equipment problems with the patient via telephone.
* Directs patients in the appropriate routine maintenance of home
dialysis equipment, including water systems procedures as
appropriate, immediately reporting any water/dialysate problems to
the facility Home Dialysis technical support staff.
* Coordinates with the FMCNA RTG the ordering and delivery of the
patient's initial dialysis supplies; the ordering of the patient's
dialysis equipment as appropriate at the initiation of the training
program; and the on-going operation and preventative maintenance of
all home dialysis equipment through facility Technical support
staff, or through the appropriate equipment vendor as required.
* Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:The physical demands and
work environment characteristics described here are representative
of those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Employees are required to take the Ishihara's Color Blindness test
as a condition of employment. Note that: Failing the Ishihara Test
Blindness does not preclude employment. The Company will consider
whether reasonable accommodations can be made.
Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and
interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians. The
position requires travel between assigned facilities and various
locations within the community. Travel to regional, division and
Corporate meetings may be required. The work environment is
characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature
control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and
* Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing (R.N.)
* Current appropriate state licensure
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
* Minimum of one year nursing experience required.
* Minimum of three months (twelve weeks) Home Dialysis Training
* Experience must be specific to the modality of Home Dialysis
Training that the staff member will be providing, ie; Peritoneal
Dialysis or Home Hemodialysis.
* Must have successfully completed a training course in the theory
and practice of dialysis therapy/ hemodialysis or peritoneal
* Medical-surgical nursing experience and ICU experience preferred
but not required.
* Competent at operating all Home Dialysis related equipment.
* Successfully complete CPR certification with maintenance as
* Icd-9 coding Training.
* Demonstrated teaching abilities using Adult Learning
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free
workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Keywords: Fresenius Medical Care, Houston , Home Therapies RN - Home Health, Healthcare , Humble, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!