Physician Assistant - General Surgery - LBJ Hospital - General Surgery
Company: UT Health Science Center
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Physician Assistant - General Surgery - LBJ HospitalWhat we do
here changes the world. UTHealth Houston is Texas' resource for
healthcare education, innovation, scientific discovery, and
excellence in patient care. That's where you come in.
UTHealth Houston Department of Surgery - General Surgery is hiring
a Physician Assistant to join their team of professionals at LBJ
Location: Lyndon B. Johnson Building @ 5656 Kelley Street, Houston,
Once you join us you won't want to leave. It's because we reward
our team for the excellent service they provide. Our total rewards
package includes the benefits you'd expect from a top healthcare
organization (benefits, insurance, etc.), plus:
* 100% paid medical premiums for our full-time employees
* Generous time off (holidays, preventative leave day, both
vacation and sick time - all of which equates to around 37-38 days
* The longer you stay, the more vacation you'll accrue!
* Longevity Pay (Monthly payments after two years of service)
* Build your future with our awesome retirement/pension plan!
We take care of our employees! As a world-renowned institution, our
employees' wellbeing is important to us. We offer work/life
services such as...
* Free financial and legal counseling
* Free mental health counseling services
* Gym membership discounts and access to wellness programs
* Other employee discounts including entertainment, car rentals,
cell phones, etc.
* Resources for child and elder care
* Plus many more!
Provides patient care assistance in a clinic or hospital setting in
one or more specialized areas under the direction of a primary care
Position Key Accountabilities:
1. Conducts complex, standardized patient care procedures which
require experience and specialized training which would otherwise
be performed by a physician but which do not constitute the
practice of medicine.
2. Assesses patient's medical complaints and provides appropriate
3. Assists in collecting patient histories, screens for
tuberculosis, and provides guidance and preventative health to
4. Performs physical examinations and provides episodic care or
problem-oriented care under the supervision of a physician.
5. Orders appropriate laboratory tests and interprets the
laboratory data such as blood and urine samples.
6. Monitors the treatment program of the patient to inform the
attending physician of pertinent medical information.
7. Provides guidance and instruction in preventive health care to
8. Provide counseling in various areas such as birth control and
9. Assists physicians in formulating therapeutic decisions.
10. Prepares chart documentation for review and counter signature
by the physician.
11. Prepares and cares for supplies and equipment.
12. Responds to emergency situations.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
Current Texas Licensure as a Physician Assistant
Current Physician Assistant certification issued by the National
Commission of Certification of Physician Assistants
Basic Life Support (BLS) Certified
Proficient in the use of medical and surgical instruments and
equipment required by work.
Master's degree as Physician Assistant. Bachelor's degree as
Physician Assistant with at least two years of professional
experience in the role is acceptable based on terminal degree
requirements at the time of graduation.
Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds
frequently and/or up to 10 pounds constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive
and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code --
Military occupations that relate to the initial selection criteria
and registration or licensure requirements for this position may
include but are not limited to: 0904, 0963, 1976, 46Y1C, 46Y1H,
66B, 66C, 4A0X1, 46YX, 65D, 230X, PHA10, 42GX, 66P, 66R, 290X.
For a complete list please visit www.uthealth-veterans.jobs.
Employees must permanently reside and work in the State of
Keywords: UT Health Science Center, Houston , Physician Assistant - General Surgery - LBJ Hospital - General Surgery, Healthcare , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!