Nurse Practitioner - Primary Care
Company: Oak Street Health Inc
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Nurse PractitionerTitle: Nurse Practitioner - Advanced Practice
* Wider range available depending on experience and location
Schedule: Full-Time, Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
The purpose of a Nurse Practitioner at Oak Street Health is to
provide effective and equitable value-based primary care to adults
on medicare to keep them happy, healthy, and out of the hospital.
Nurse Practitioners see patients independently and collaborate with
physicians, depending on the patient's specific situation. Nurse
Practitioners provide longitudinal care and build meaningful
patient relationships; this creates trust and helps our patients
understand and feel connected to their care plan.
Nurse Practitioners practice in our outpatient practices on a
collaborative care team composed of a physician, nurse practitioner
or physician assistant, medical assistants, a dedicated medical
scribe, and support from registered nurses and care managers. We
partner with a network of elite specialists and hospitals for
specialty and acute care. As such, our healthcare providers can
focus on care within the clinic: primary care, care coordination,
and population health.
* Provision of exceptional primary care.
* Conduct office visits for routine and acute issues.
* Administer Annual wellness visits and health risk assessments,
which require a holistic view of health and a focus on thoughtful,
accurate, and specific documentation.
* Care coordination with other providers, specialists, testing
facilities, and agencies.
* Population health leadership, in coordination with the Care Team
(e.g., making sure all eligible females get their evidence-based
breast cancer screening every 2 years)
* Assisting the care team with phone triage and outreach.
* Educating patients on their health conditions, care plans, and
* Participating in Oak Street Health promotional activities.
* Conducting home visits as needed.
* Other duties, as assigned.
This role reports to the Center Medical Director and works closely
with operational leadership.
* Master of Science in Nursing, Doctor of Nursing Practice, or NP
Certificate Program graduate
* National certification in at least one of the following
* Family Nurse Practitioner
* Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
* Adult Nurse Practitioner
* Gerontological Nurse Practitioner
* Active, non-probationary state Nurse Practitioner license
* Active DEA license
* US Work Authorization
* Someone who embodies being "Oaky"*
* Experience in primary care: internal medicine, geriatrics, or
* Understands HCC (Hierarchical Condition Categories)
documentation, ICD-10 (International Classification of Diseases-10)
Coding, and Health Risk Assessments (HRAs).
* Passion for teamwork and the opportunity to collaborate
* Desires to be a part of an innovative model focused on
empirically-guided population health
* Bilingual proficiency in applicable areas
* Competitive Salary
* Quarterly bonus based on quality metrics
* 6 weeks of PTO, inclusive of vacation, sick time, major holidays,
and continuing medical education (CME)
* $5000 CME stipend
* Tuition reimbursement
* Provided Health, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance
* 401K Investment, up to 4% company match, vested immediately
* Provided Medical Malpractice Insurance
* Dedicated Medical Scribe and Medical Assistant
* Relocation package on a case-by-case basis
* What does being "Oaky" look like?
* Radiating positive energy
* Assuming good intentions
* Creating an unmatched patient experience
* Driving clinical excellence
* Taking ownership and delivering results
* Being relentlessly determined
Why Oak Street Health?
Oak Street Health is on a mission to "rebuild healthcare as it
should be'', providing personalized primary care for older adults
on Medicare, with the goal of keeping patients healthy and living
life to the fullest. Our innovative care model is centered right in
our patient's communities and focused on the quality of care over
the volume of services. We're an organization on the move! With
over 180 locations and an ambitious growth trajectory, Oak Street
Health is attracting and cultivating team members who embody "Oaky"
values and passion for our mission.
Oak Street Health Benefits:
* Mission-focused career impacting change and measurably improving
health outcomes for medicare patients
* Paid vacation, sick time, and investment/retirement 401K match
* Health insurance, vision, and dental benefits
* Opportunities for leadership development and continuing education
* New centers and flexible work environments
* Opportunities for high levels of responsibility and rapid
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace
diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply.
Keywords: Oak Street Health Inc, Houston , Nurse Practitioner - Primary Care, Healthcare , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!