Float Pool Registered Nurse -FT Days - Float
Company: Kindred Hospital - Clear Lake
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Float Pool Registered Nurse -FT DaysAre you ready to join our
Registered Nurse (RN) Float Pool? Receive the benefit of travel-pay
without having to travel more than 30 miles! You'll enjoy the
opportunity to work with different teammates across hospitals while
benefitting from a shared culture, processes and protocols.
At Kindred It Starts With Me.
Our commitment is to deliver excellence and an empathetic human
experience to every patient, every family member, every employee,
every time. We do this through our Core Values which help in
guiding our work every day. What makes Kindred Hospitals a great
place to work? Our people, of course! Our caregivers answer this
special calling because they have a fundamental, internal drive to
help people. In return, we serve, develop and respect our employees
in environments created to optimize their job effectiveness,
experience, and satisfaction. This is who we are.
Job Summary: The Registered Nurse (RN) - on Full-time or Part-time
basis - provides planning and delivery of direct and indirect
patient care through the nursing process of Assessment, Planning,
Intervention, and Evaluation. A Float Pool RN develops the nursing
care plan in coordination with patient, family and
interdisciplinary staff as necessary. They communicate changes in
patient's clinical condition with Physicians, Nursing
Supervisor/Manager, and co-workers as appropriate. As well as
participate in discharge planning process.
This role will require travel to all Kindred Hospitals within a
designated market, approximately a 30 mile radius. Reporting
structure includes Administrative reporting to the Area Staffing
Program Manager, and clinically to assigned location's clinical
leadership, supported by the Workforce Management Clinical
* Maintains the standard of nursing care and implements policies
and procedures of the hospital and nursing department.
* Directs, supervises, provides and evaluates nursing care provided
* Assigns or delegates tasks based on the needs and condition of
the patient, potential for harm, complexity of the task, and within
scope of practice of the staff to whom the task is delegated.
* Assigns nursing care team members in accordance to patient needs,
team member's capabilities and qualifications.
* Documents patient admission assessment and reassessments, patient
care plans and other pertinent information, completely in the
patient's medical record according to nursing standards and
* Performs assessment on all patients on admission and
reassessments as per policy. Makes referrals to other disciplines
based on assessment.
* Develops nursing care plan of assigned patient on admission,
updates plan of care as needed and ensures plan of care is
coordinated with patient, family, and other members of the
* Assesses and reassesses pain. Utilizes appropriate pain
management techniques. Educates the patient and family regarding
* Revises the plan of care as indicated by the patient's response
to treatment, and evaluates overall plan daily for
* Performs patient care responsibilities considering needs specific
to the standard of care for patient's age.
* Receives physician's orders, ensures transcription is accurate
and documents completion.
* Administers medication utilizing the five rights of medication
administration reducing the potential for medication errors.
* Formulates a teaching plan based upon identified learning needs
and evaluates effectiveness of learning; family is included in
teaching as appropriate.
* Assists physicians with examinations, treatments and special
procedures and performs services requiring technical and manual
skills within scope of practice.
* Performs treatments and provide services to level of
* Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity.
Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and
religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families. Functions
as liaison between administration, patients, physicians, and other
* Interacts professionally with patient/family and involves
patient/family in the formation of the plan of care.
* Interprets data about the patient's status in order to identify
each patient's age specific needs and provide care needed by the
* Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that
optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of
medical/health care errors.
* Initiates or assists with emergency measures for sudden adverse
developments in patients' condition.
* Answers telephone, paging system, patients' call lights,
anticipates patients' needs, and makes rounds of assigned patients
and responds as appropriate.
* Consults other departments as appropriate to provide for an
interdisciplinary approach to the patient's needs.
* Provides end of shift report to on coming nurse, narcotics are
counted, documentation is complete, and physician orders signed
* Communicates appropriately and clearly to management, co-workers,
* Identifies and addresses psychosocial needs of patients and
family; communicates with Social Service/Discharge Planner
regarding both in hospital and post discharge needs.
* Participates in orientation, instruction/training of new
* Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
* Graduation from an accredited Bachelors of Science in Nursing,
Associate Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program.
* Current state licensure as Registered Nurse.
* BCLS certification.
* ACLS preferred.
* Minimum one year Medical/Surgical experience in an acute care
Keywords: Kindred Hospital - Clear Lake, Houston , Float Pool Registered Nurse -FT Days - Float, Healthcare , Webster, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!