Pharmacist, NICU, Residency Trained TMC
Company: Memorial Hermann Health System
Posted on: November 18, 2023
At Memorial Hermann, we pursue a common goal of delivering high
quality, efficient care while creating exceptional experiences for
every member of our community. When we say every member of our
community, that includes our employees. We know that when our
employees feel cared for, heard and valued, they are inspired to
create moments that exceed expectations, while prioritizing safety,
compassion, personalization and efficiency. If you want to advance
your career and contribute to our vision of creating healthier
communities, now and for generations to come, we want you to be a
part of our team.
Children's Memorial Hermann Hospital is growing! We seek an
Integrated Pharmacist to join our NICU/Pediatrics pharmacy team.
Related Pediatrics/NICU experience is required. Residency training
is highly desired.
We pride ourselves in providing high-quality, personalized care to
young patients and their families with the utmost compassion. It is
an honor to be recognized for our efforts in the 2023-2024 U.S.
News & World Report's Best Children's Hospital rankings-one of the
most well-known measures of achievement for any children's
No. 4 Best Children's Hospital in Texas
No. 5 Best Children's Hospital in the Southwest Region
Cardiology and Heart Surgery ranks #29 in the nation
Gastroenterology and GI Surgery ranks #30 in the nation
Neonatology ranks #47 in the nation
Neurology and Neurosurgery ranks #46 in the nation
Position is responsible for filling and labeling prescriptions,
providing drug-related information to patients, hospital employees
and medical staff, and supervising the activities of pharmacy
technical support staff.Job Description
Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Pharmacy
Licenses/Certifications: Licensed as a Registered Pharmacist in the
State of Texas; Pharmacy Sterile Product certification through an
in-house program or other accredited program is required if
incumbent compounds sterile products.
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Two (2) years of experience as a hospital Pharmacist (or at
discretion of System Executive, System Pharmacy) with knowledge of
the unit dose medication and I.V. admixture processes
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by
integrating our culture in all internal and external customer
interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health"
through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration,
compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Fills and labels prescriptions, and provides drug-related
information and education for in-patients, out-patients, hospital
employees and medical staff.
- Dispenses controlled substances and maintains appropriate
- Supervises the activities of the pharmacy technical staff and
Mentors or trains pharmacists, pharmacy students or residents.
- Participates in the Medication Use Evaluation Program and the
Process Improvement Program.
- Maintains medication profiles, reviews profiles for drug
related problems, and provides consultation on drug research.
- Maintains the scheduling and preparation of I.V. solutions and
- Initiates reports of medication errors or adverse drug
- Assumes full responsibility for department management in the
absence of the Pharmacy Manager or Lead Pharmacist.
- Works with other professionals to generate newsletters. Drafts
policies or procedures for review by Pharmacy Director.
- Performs clinical interventions, which may include medication
profile review, IV to oral conversion, renal dosing adjustment,
antimicrobial streamlining, patient counseling, obtaining
medication histories, vancomycin/aminoglycoside dosing, therapeutic
drug monitoring, and participation in multidisciplinary
- Documents clinical interventions.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to
all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within
budgetary specifications including time management, supply
management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by
meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills
competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the
success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and
resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Memorial Hermann Health System, Houston , Pharmacist, NICU, Residency Trained TMC, Healthcare , Humble, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!