Registered Nurse (PT) - TC Urgent Care - West Campus
Company: Texas Children's Hospital
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Find out more about the daily tasks, overall responsibilities, and
required experience for this opportunity by scrolling down now.
We are searching for an Urgent Care Registered Nurse (part-time) -
someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position,
you will gather information, assess and provide direct care to
patients. Works collaboratively with other member of the healthcare
team to render age appropriate care. You are generally required to
work shifts within one Region but may also be expected to pick up
shifts outside of the assigned Region, as needed. Qualifying
mileage reimbursement will be paid.
Think you've got what it takes?
Location: 18200 Katy Fwy Suite WD-200, Houston, TX 77094
* Assists in the collection of patient/family data that may include
biophysical, psychosocial, developmental, cultural, and
environmental information per site protocol.
* Collects and documents vital signs, height/weight and reason for
* Prepares patient for examination per site protocol.
* Assists provider, as directed, during treatments, examinations
and testing as directed by provider and within scope of site.
* Administers medication and immunizations as directed by physician
per site protocol.
* Documents administration of medication and immunizations in the
medical record per site protocol.
* Provides patient/family education as instructed by the physician
or site protocol.
* Documents such education in the medical record.
* Coordinates referrals.
* Triages presenting patient complaint per site protocol.
* Verifies provider order and patient per site protocol.
* Collects and processes specimen according to manufacturer's
instructions and using proper technique
* Demonstrates service philosophies to patients and families
* Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster
dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for
Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at
Texas Children's unless approved for a medical or religious
* Diploma in Nursing Or Associate's Degree Nursing or an
associate's degree in a related field accepted by the Texas Board
of Nursing for the purposes of obtaining and maintaining an RN
* Bachelor's Degree in Nursing Preferred
* RN - Lic-Registered Nurses Texas Board of Nursing or Nursing
Licensure Compact And BLS Cert-Basic Life Support Required
Texas Children's Urgent Care offers high-quality, efficient and
affordable after-hours patient care in nine convenient community
locations across the greater Houston area. Texas Children's Urgent
Care has also expanded to serve the children and families of
Austin, Texas, with its first community location in South Austin.
Staffed by board-certified pediatricians who have privileges at
Texas Children's Hospital, our Urgent Care team can diagnose and
treat a wide variety of common pediatric ailments, illnesses and
conditions, including: asthma, strep throat, fever, minor burns,
influenza, ear infections, allergic reactions and more. We also
provide procedures such as antibiotic injections, breathing
treatments, fracture care and splinting, IV (intravenous) fluids,
lab services, laceration repair and x-rays on-site.
To join our community of 14,000 dedicated team members, visit
texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also
learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org. At
Texas Children's Hospital, diversity, equity, and inclusion are at
the core of our values and mission for all of our patients and
families that we serve. We are committed to providing a diverse and
inclusive work environment for all faculty, staff and learners
throughout our organization. We believe that each member of our one
amazing team provides enrichment that allows us to create a lasting
legacy for future employees of this great organization.
Texas Children's is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All
applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions
at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical
disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age,
genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected
Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the
performance of the work involved.
Keywords: Texas Children's Hospital, Houston , Registered Nurse (PT) - TC Urgent Care - West Campus, Healthcare , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!