RN I - Greens Multispecialty Clinic - Clinic
Company: UT Health Science Center
Posted on: November 18, 2023
RN I - Greens Multispecialty ClinicWhat we do here changes the
world. UTHealth Houston is Texas' resource for healthcare
education, innovation, scientific discovery, and excellence in
patient care. That's where you come in.
UTHealth Houston Greens Multispecialty Clinic is hiring a Staff
Nurse I (RN) to join their team! Located at 550 Greens Parkway,
Suite 150, Houston TX 77067 in North Houston, the RN directly
supports the multispecialty clinic that consists of 12+ providers,
impacting quality metric performance and direct patient care.
Preferences: Bilingual (English/Spanish), OB/GYN Experience
Schedule: Monday - Friday / Alternating Saturdays
Location: 550 Greens Parkway, Suite 150, Houston TX 77067 *FREE
Once you join us you won't want to leave. It's because we reward
our team for the excellent service they provide. Our total rewards
package includes the benefits you'd expect from a top healthcare
organization (benefits, insurance, etc.), plus:
* 100% paid medical premiums for our full-time employees
* Generous time off (holidays, preventative leave day, both
vacation and sick time - all of which equates to around 37-38 days
* The longer you stay, the more vacation you'll accrue!
* Longevity Pay (Monthly payments after two years of service)
* Build your future with our awesome retirement/pension plan!
We take care of our employees! As a world-renowned institution, our
employees' wellbeing is important to us. We offer work/life
services such as...
* Free financial and legal counseling
* Free mental health counseling services
* Gym membership discounts and access to wellness programs
* Other employee discounts including entertainment, car rentals,
cell phones, etc.
* Resources for child and elder care
* Plus many more!
Functions as a member of collaborative interdisciplinary team
providing comprehensive care to patients and families with complex
healthcare needs that may be both predictable and unpredictable.
Aims to provide care that is safe, effective, patient-centered,
timely, efficient and equitable.
Position Key Accountabilities:
1. Performs responsibilities in a manner that promotes quality
patient care and customer service/satisfaction.
2. Adheres to broad scope of practice as established by Nurse
3. Ensures the efficient operation of the clinic or unit by proper
scheduling and planning for optimum use of staff and resources,
maintenance of stock and supplies, and efficient and safe use of
4. Uses systematic approach to provide nursing care to patients and
families/populations by performing both focused and comprehensive
assessments through subjective and evidence based objective
5. Prioritizes, synthesizes and documents assessments and nursing
plan of care using critical thinking and judgment.
6. Implements plan of care within scope of practice through
assignment and monitoring of other nurses and delegation and
monitoring of unlicensed staff. Initiates standing orders for
prescription refills and labs as well as standing delegation orders
7. Develops and implements teaching plans for patients concerning
maintenance, promotion and restoration of health.
8. Evaluates patients' response and outcomes to education and
therapeutic interventions. Communicates effectively with
collaborative team while escalating critical results and issues in
an appropriate and timely manner.
9. Exercises judgment while coordinating care and referring
patients to agencies or health care professionals for other
services/transitions in care where indicated.
10. Performs on site and telephone triage using best practice
guidelines and documentation to ensure patients receive the right
level of care in the right setting at the right time by the right
caregiver using the right equipment and supplies.
11. May be responsible for compiling daily or monthly reports.
12. Acts as a patient and healthcare advocate by maintaining a safe
environment and promoting quality healthcare and services.
13. Respects and maintains privacy and confidentiality per HIPAA
14. Adheres to standards of practice for professional nursing.
15. Other duties as assigned.
Current Registered Nurse Texas License required
Basic Life Support (BLS) Certified
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certified preferred
Bachelor's degree in nursing, Associate's degree in nursing, or
diploma from an accredited nursing school.
Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds
frequently and/or up to 10 pounds constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive
and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code --
Military occupations that relate to the initial selection criteria
and registration or licensure requirements for this position may
include but are not limited to: 0904, 0906, 0944, 46N1E, 46N1,
46N3, 46N4, 46NX, 66b, 66C, 66H, 68C, L03A, 4A0X1, 66E, 66G, 66S,
290X, 46AX, 46FX
For a complete list please visit www.uthealth-veterans.jobs.
Employees must permanently reside and work in the State of
Keywords: UT Health Science Center, Houston , RN I - Greens Multispecialty Clinic - Clinic, Healthcare , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!