Nurse Practitioner-Pediatric Surgery - Pediatrics
Company: UT Health Science Center
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Nurse Practitioner-Pediatric SurgeryPOSITION SUMMARY:
The Pediatric Surgery Nurse Practitioner is involved in the
advanced assessment, diagnosis, management of acute and chronic
health problems, coordination with ancillary staff and outpatient
services for complex discharge and follow up in a team based
approach. The outpatient role of the APP includes evaluation,
diagnosis and management of common pediatric surgical problems such
as but not limited to lumps and bumps, hernias, hydroceles,
abdominal pain, chest wall deformities, pyloric stenosis and
pilonidal disease. Participates, coordinates, and leads specialty
programs such as colorectal, pectus, congenital diaphragmatic
hernia, tracheostomy, burn and pilonidal.
Monday-Friday, 8AM-5PM; no weekends, no call
Primary location: The Texas Medical Center at 6410 Fannin St.
Houston, TX 77030
This may involve travel to satellite offices.
POSITION KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
* Conducts complex, standardized patient care procedures which
require experience and specialized training which would otherwise
be performed by a physician, but which do not constitute the
practice of medicine.
* Participates, coordinates, and leads specialty programs such as
colorectal, pectus, congenital diaphragmatic hernia, tracheostomy,
burn and pilonidal.
* Conducts independent and physician supervised rounding on unit as
* Performs relevant patient evaluations and assessments, and
provides appropriate treatment; including monitoring and ordering
medications in a team based approach.
* Coordinates, directs, and implements the patient's plan of care
in a team based approach.
* Assists in collecting patient histories, screens for
co-morbidities, and provides guidance and preventative health care
* Performs physical examinations and provides episodic care, or
problem-oriented care, under the supervision of a physician.
* Orders appropriate laboratory, diagnostic and radiographic tests,
and interprets results.
* Monitors the treatment program of the patient to inform the
attending physician of pertinent medical information.
* Facilitates patient education relating to medical processes,
medication, nutrition, and health promotion or preventative health
* Assists physicians in formulating therapeutic decisions.
* Maintains appropriate records, and prepares charts for review and
counter signature by physician.
* Prepares and cares for supplies and equipment.
* Responds to emergency situations.
* Performs within the scope of practice prescribed by licensure and
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Current Texas Licensure as a Registered Nurse
Current Texas Licensure as an APRN-NP, and specialty certification
as required by department
Basic Life Support (BLS) Certified or specialty certification as
required by department
Masters in Nursing as NP or Masters in Nursing with completion of a
post masters Nurse Practitioner Certification Program.
Pediatrics experience prefered
Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds
frequently and/or up to 10 pounds constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive
and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code --
Military occupations that relate to the initial selection criteria
and registration or licensure requirements for this position may
include but are not limited to: 0904, 0963, 1976, 46Y1C, 46Y1H,
66B, 66C, 4A0X1, 46YX, 65D, 230X, PHA10, 42GX, 66P, 66R, 290X.
For a complete list please visit www.uthealth-veterans.jobs.
Employees must permanently reside and work in the State of
Keywords: UT Health Science Center, Houston , Nurse Practitioner-Pediatric Surgery - Pediatrics, Healthcare , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!