Registered Nurse - Clinical Contact Center - Houston, Texas - Clinical
Company: Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Registered Nurse - Clinical Contact Center - Houston, Texas
The Clinical Contact Center (CCC) Registered Nurse (RN) provides
direct care and counseling to Veterans 24 hours a day, seven days a
week through a virtual care system for the promotion and
maintenance of health and prevention of illness based on the
application of the nursing process which includes systematic data
gathering, assessment, use of appropriate nursing judgment and
evaluation of human responses to actual or potential health
- The RN role is complex-requiring flexibility, independent
decision making, and collaboration.
- The RN is a proficient communicator and provides timely,
appropriate advice, and guidance to patients and/or their
representatives who seek assistance with health care
- The RN communicates through a structured process in which
information is exchanged clearly and accurately among team members.
The RN must be able to utilize appropriate internal and external
resources to the virtual encounter, report unusual occurrences and
adverse events, integrate and apply pertinent aspects of governing
initiatives, directives, memorandums, and clinical practice
guidelines to their professional nursing practice.
- The RN actively assesses situational elements to gain
understanding and maintain awareness to support team functioning
and improve care at the workgroup/unit level. The RN applies the
nursing process, critical thinking skills, and nursing
- The RN considers recommended dispositions and interventions
from clinical decision support tools to assess and address the
clinical needs of patients.
- The RN's recommendations reflect the uniqueness of each patient
and their health concerns as well as disease processes and
adaptation. Recommendations may be emergent and include those to
preserve life, prevent disability, or promote health and
well-being, including teaching and counseling. These encounters are
documented in the electronic health record.
- Ability to successfully collaborate with all members of the
- Excellent patient assessment skills and triage
- Excellent oral, listening, and written communication
- Evidence of ability to problem solved patient care
- Knowledge of role, functions, and responsibilities of clinical
support services in the provision of Outpatient/Inpatient
- Computer literacy in software used to support patient care
- Ability to type 45 WPM and create accurate detailed notes
Permanent Change of Station (PCS)
Financial Disclosure Report:
Keywords: Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center, Houston , Registered Nurse - Clinical Contact Center - Houston, Texas - Clinical, Healthcare , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!