Registered Nurse ICU
Company: HCA Houston Healthcare West
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Description Introduction Are you looking for a place to deliver
excellent care patients deserve? At HCA Houston Healthcare West we
support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a
Registered Nurse ICU and access programs to assist with every stage
of your career. Benefits HCA Houston Healthcare West, offers a
total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and
retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services
and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing.
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service).
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits
with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto
repair, event planning and more.
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts.
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and
preferred banking partnerships.
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships).
- Colleague recognition program.
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only
coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits Note: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location. Are you a continuous learner? With more than
94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest
employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to
excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which
joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as
educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it
easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills.
Apply today for our Registered Nurse ICU opening and continue to
learn! Job Summary and Qualifications We are seeking a Registered
Nurse (RN) Intensive Care Unit for our facility to ensure that we
continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care.
We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other, and
we are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient
care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!What You
Will Do In Your Role:
- You will be responsible for professional nursing care and
related assistance to adolescent, adult and geriatric patients
experiencing critical illnesses requiring admission to the
- You will provide leadership by working cooperatively with
ancillary nursing and other patient care team personnel in
maintaining standards for professional nursing practice in the
- You will be responsible for delegating nursing tasks based on
the needs of the patient and the knowledge and skills of the
individual selected to perform such tasks.
- You will coordinate the ongoing operations of the unit and will
be responsible for staffing and scheduling.What qualifications you
- 1 year of experience in an acute care setting preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing is
- Current Registered Nurse License in the State of Texas or
Multi-State Compact License (Employees with RN Compact License are
required to obtain Texas RN License within 90 days of hire
- Current American Heart Association BLS Certification is
- Current American Heart Association ACLS Certification is
required. HCA Houston Healthcare West is a full-service, 300+ bed
hospital that has been offering exceptional care to the West
Houston communities for over 30 years. We proudly provide Houston
residents with exceptional healthcare, including a vast-array of
medical services from board-certified doctors and nationally
accredited departments. We are recognized as a Certified Primary
Stroke Center by the Joint Commission and under an affiliation
agreement with The Woman's Hospital of Texas, we are able to bring
our community The Woman's Hospital of Texas at West Houston, a
three-story cardiac and critical care tower. The Sugar Land Cancer
Center and the Sugar Land Diagnostic Center, departments with HCA
Houston Healthcare West, provide additional services to meet the
needs of our community. We are members of HCA Houston Healthcare,
the most comprehensive family of hospitals in the region and part
of the leading provider of healthcare in the country, HCA
Healthcare. Together we are stronger, smarter and more accessible
in providing the patient-centered care you need close to home. HCA
Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical
Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In
recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses. "Good people beget good people." -
Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr. HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If growth and
continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply
for our Registered Nurse ICU opening. Our team will promptly review
your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for
interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today! We are an equal
opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Houston Healthcare West, Houston , Registered Nurse ICU, Healthcare , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!