Pedi Congenital Cardiac Sonographer M-F 730a-4p
Company: Memorial Hermann Health System
Posted on: February 7, 2024
At Memorial Hermann, we pursue a common goal of delivering high
quality, efficient care while creating exceptional experiences for
every member of our community. When we say every member of our
community, that includes our employees. We know that when our
employees feel cared for, heard and valued, they are inspired to
create moments that exceed expectations, while prioritizing safety,
compassion, personalization and efficiency. If you want to advance
your career and contribute to our vision of creating healthier
communities, now and for generations to come, we want you to be a
part of our team.
This position performs echocardiograms to evaluate different
aspects of the heart for use by physicians in the diagnosis and
treatment of patients.Job Description
As a Cardiac Sonographer with the Heart Center, you will
collaborate with pediatric critical care medicine physicians and
hospitalists, who are faculty at McGovern Medical School at
UTHealth, providing twenty-four hour, in-house and on call coverage
to ensure that patients with intensive care needs receive the best
By utilizing state-of-the-art techniques and services, the
Children's Heart Institute strives to offer patients with the most
complex problems the greatest opportunity for a normal life. We
offer innovative treatment methods and specialized services with
ongoing cardiac training and mentorship for our sonographer
As a Level I Pediatric Trauma Center and one of the busiest trauma
centers in the country, Children's Memorial Hermann Hospital is
specialized and equipped to care for even the most severe
- Named one of the top 50 best children's hospitals nationally in
Cardiology & Heart Surgery by U.S. News & World Report.
- Earned three-star rating from The Society of Thoracic Surgeons
(STS) for its patient care and outcomes in congenital heart
surgery. The three-star rating denotes the highest category of
- Four Pediatric Cardiothoracic Surgeons supported by a pediatric
VAD and ECMO team
- UNOS certification for heart transplants
- Magnet Designated Facility
- Scanning some of the most complex hearts and those fresh from
open heart surgery as well using a plethora of machines, i.e.
Philips IE 33 and GE
- You will scan not only in-house patients (i.e. NICU, PICU) but
also in the CVOR, Pedi Cath Labs and travel to 7 outpatient clinics
in the city where you will work closely with the cardiologist in
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of Cardiac Sonography
Technology, Radiologic Technology, or Sonography Technology
- Certified in Basic or Advanced Life Support, required
- One (1) of the following required:
- Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) by the Cardiovascular
Credentialing International or
- Registered Congenital Cardiac Sonographer (RCCS) by the
Cardiovascular Credentialing International or
- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) by the
American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonographers(ARDMS)
- For those with RCS or RDCS AE, must obtain RCCS or RDCS PE
within 18 months of employment.
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- No prior experience required
- Prepares and examines all Pediatric congenital patients,
verifying their identity for echocardiogram examinations in
accordance with established departmental procedures and techniques,
which includes obtaining health status and medical history,
patient's cooperation or ability to tolerate the examination.
- Confirms that the ultrasound examination correlates with
patient clinical history and presentation. Inform physician in
charge of any contraindications to the procedure.
- Demonstrates proficiency in various echocardiogram
- Analyze patient's medical record to obtain history of symptoms
and necessary information for performance of diagnostic procedures
and prepares preliminary reports for review and interpretation by
Cardiologist, including comparison of previous studies.
- Perform measurements and calculations according to laboratory
and IAC protocols and guidelines and provide an oral summary of
preliminary findings to the cardiologist.
- Acts as a resource and assists Cardiac Sonographers and
Cardiology Fellows with pre/post procedures, preliminary review of
images obtained and report.
- Onboards new Sonographers with departmental orientation,
in-service and education.
- Performs quality assurance on the equipment, routine cleaning,
preventive maintenance, and report any equipment malfunction to
echo lab Lead Imaging Tech, Unit Coordinator or manager.
- Attends staff meetings, Echo lab QI and patient care
conferences, ensuring continuing education and professional
- Participates in performance improvement activities established
by the department.
- Participates in call schedule per departmental standards.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by
meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills
competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the
success of the organization.
- Works well with a team of other health care professionals to
provide comprehensive care to their patients, i.e. Doctors, Nurses,
Cardiologists and other Health Care or Medical Professionals.
- Demonstrates commitment to caring for every member of our
community by creating compassionate and personalized experiences.
Models Memorial Hermann's service standards by providing safe,
caring, personalized and efficient experiences to patients and
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Memorial Hermann Health System, Houston , Pedi Congenital Cardiac Sonographer M-F 730a-4p, Healthcare , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!