CMC Licensed Vocational Nurse
Company: University of Texas Medical Branch
Posted on: September 16, 2018
Job Details Level Experienced Job Location Dayton - Dayton, TX Description JOB SUMMARY: To provide competent age and specialty appropriate nursing care to assigned patients within the scope of their education and demonstrated abilities. MAJOR DUTIES / CRITICAL TASKS:
- Contributes to the success of UTMB Health Care Systems Staffing.
- Provides direct nursing care to assigned patients.
- Participates in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the nursing care given.
- Performs admission, discharge, and transfer procedures.
- Uses the nursing plan of care in daily assignments, able to review, and, under supervision, modify the plan of care.
- Demonstrates ability to observe and record the signs, symptoms, and behaviors including the physiological status of patients, presents proposed revision of interventions, and desired outcomes.
- Delivers the designated nursing interventions to assigned patients that are consistent with the stated medical plan of care.
- Notifies appropriate nursing and medical staff of changes in patient status; recognizes patient care priorities, multidisciplinary treatment plans, and potential patient care crises.
- Follows physician's orders in the delivery of nursing care.
- Maintains patient's privacy and confidentiality of information and records at all times.
- Safely and properly administers medications and treatments.
- Executes written physician's orders for assigned patients.
- Assembles equipment and supplies for various diagnostic or treatment procedures in the specialty service area; performs or assists others with procedures or treatments.
- Adheres to required infection control, isolation procedures, and aseptic techniques in the delivery of patient care.
- Documents nursing care in all assigned patient records.
- Completes other job related assignments as assigned.
- Adheres to internal controls established for the department.
- Performs other related duties as required. Qualifications KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES:
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and/or in written form.
- Customer service orientation and values.
- Ability to negotiate solutions and outcomes.
- Team player.
- Ability to maximize people and financial resources.
- Ability to work in partnership with management and staff. REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Graduation from a Licensed Vocational Nurse program and licensure/permit as a vocational nurse in the state of Texas.
- Minimum 5 yrs. Experience preferred in acute care environment.
- Current BLS certification obtained through American Heart Association (AHA) EQUIPMENT:
- Standard patient care supplies, equipment, and mechanical devices. WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- Standard hospital environment.
- May require heavy lifting, pushing or pulling in excess of fifty pounds. PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, hand/ finger dexterity, and type on a computer keyboard. Specific vision abilities required by this job include regularly working on a Visual Display Terminal (VDT), close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Includes intermittent physical activity such as bending, reaching and lifting up to 10 pounds.
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. OTHER
- Specific job requirements or physical location of some positions allocated to this classification, may render this position security sensitive, and thereby subject to the provisions of Section 51.215, Texas Education Code.
Keywords: University of Texas Medical Branch, Houston , CMC Licensed Vocational Nurse, Healthcare , Dayton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!