Nurse Practitioner, Dept of Preventive Med & Comm Health(NEW MEXICO LO
Company: University of Texas Medical Branch
Posted on: October 12, 2018
Master's degree with NP certification. Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing. Current license or valid permit to practice professional nursing. Must be able to obtain a Texas and New Mexico Nurse Practitioner license within 6 months of being hired. Must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident. Must be Basic Life Support (BLS), Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) and Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certified. Job Summary: Provide the medical care required to be performed by a licensed independent practitioner in the clinic at the White Sands Test Facility in New Mexico. He/she performs all job-required physical exams and health screens, as well as diagnosing and treating occupational and non-occupational injuries and illness. Department Marketing Statement
THIS POSITION IS BASED IN NEW MEXICOSalary Range
$88,462 - $135,000 (commensurate with experience) Specific Job Related Duties
- Review data acquisition and analysis processes and develop SOPs for defined testing.
- Become proficient in standard protocols and specialized protocols for unique requirements including ability to train others in a unique environment.
- Assist with preparation of data summary charts as required.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Fulfills the duty and responsibility to maintain competence and to continue personal and professional growth.
- Ability to manage personnel as a Lead in the clinic and wellness facility.
- Identifies and assists with opportunities for performance improvement activities.
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by taking ownership of time management, decreasing waste (of time and supplies) and promoting cost effectiveness while maintaining patient safety and quality of care.
- Demonstrates the ability to be an advocate for and strive to protect the health, safety and rights of the patient.
- Must maintain the utmost in privacy for our patients.
- Communicate effectively with other care providers (physicians, nurses, and satellite staff) to provide for continuity of patient care and to meet the needs of the patients we serve.
- Behaviors and interactions demonstrate a positive attitude.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for compliance with Safety, Health and Environmental plan; must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and all of the Company's safety policies and rules and must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel.
- Responsible for compliance with the Quality Assurance Plan, policies and procedures.
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance level as determined by the Company.
- Responsible for completing all assigned training. Preferred Skill/Competency
- Basic Life Support (BLS), Automatic External Defibrillator (AED), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certifications.
- Previous independent practice, with management experience. Preferred Work Experience
- 3 to 5 years.
- Minimum of 2 years acute, ambulatory, or occupational care.
- Fluent in Spanish. Preferred Work Experience
We highly prefer candidates with NASA experience.Closing Statement
#NP #NASAEqual Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Keywords: University of Texas Medical Branch, Houston , Nurse Practitioner, Dept of Preventive Med & Comm Health(NEW MEXICO LO, Healthcare , Galveston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!