Registered Nurse PRN (RN) Critical Care Unit (CCU)
Company: Clear Lake Regional Medical Center
Posted on: October 12, 2018
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center - Webster, TX
An HCA Affiliated Hospital
Registered Nurse (RN) - Critical Care Unit (CCU)
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center, where sophisticated, world-class medicine meets the comfort, care, and convenience of a community hospital. For more than 40 years, Clear Lake Regional Medical Center has been providing high-quality, cost-effective, comprehensive healthcare to the Bay Area Houston region.
Some of the services provided at Clear Lake Regional Medical Center include:
- Breast Diagnostic Center
- Cancer care
- Diabetes management
- Level III emergency department
- ACR-accredited imaging center
- One-on-one therapy
- Neuroscience and neurology
- Minimally-invasive and robotic surgery
- Wound treatment center
- Women's and Children's Center
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center, a Top Performer on Joint Commission Key Qualities, opened its doors in 1972. Today, we have approximately 2,000 staff members and 900 physicians in multiple specialties - more talent and experience than any other hospital in the region.
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center is looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) - Critical Care Unit (CCU)
Medical Crisis, Triage Room, Intensive Care Unit, ICU, Stroke Unit, Cardiovascular Unit, CVU, Trauma Unit
The 14-bed, CCU provides critical care services to adult and geriatric patient populations
- Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for assigned patients.
- Responsible for meeting the Standards of Practice for the ICU and managing all assigned personnel, supplies and equipment.
- Participates in activities to plan, measure, assess and improve the quality of patient care.
- Responds to Code Blue situations and implements life-saving measures per ACLS protocol.
- Interprets ECG rhythm strips and evaluates 12-lead ECG's.
- Monitors and titrates IV vasoactive, antiarrhythmic and other special drugs.
- Assists with insertion of invasive lines.
- Monitors invasive pressures.
- Draws blood from arterial, CVP and other invasive lines.
- Assesses critically ill patients on an ongoing manner, per P&P.
- Accompanies and monitors patients going to other department for tests/procedures.
- May accompany patients in transport during inter-facility transfers.
- Assumes the responsibility of charging the unit as needed.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing is required. B.S. Nursing preferred
- Prior ICU experience preferred.
- Current Texas or compact state licensure with State Board of Nurse Examiners
- Current BCLS certification from the American Heart Association required.
- ACLS certification within sixs months of hire.
- CCRN certification within 2-years of hire preferred.
- NIHSS certification within 6 months of hire, unless currently certified then needs to be maintained annually.
- 8 hours of acute stroke education annually.
Come make a difference - Apply Online Now!
Keywords: Clear Lake Regional Medical Center, Houston , Registered Nurse PRN (RN) Critical Care Unit (CCU), Healthcare , Webster, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!