Registered Nurse(RN) Medical Surgical
Posted on: April 18, 2019
Tomball Regional Medical Center - Tomball, Texas
Registered Nurse - Medical Surgical 5 Tower - FT/Night(Rotating
Since 1976, Tomball Regional Medical Center (TRMC) has provided
quality healthcare to the communities we serve including emergency
care, labor and delivery, a level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
(NICU), general surgery, cardiology, pulmonary medicine, acute
inpatient rehabilitation, sports medicine, physical therapy,
orthopedics, outpatient testing, wound care and many others. Our
150-acre campus and 191 bed hospital also features designated
specialty centers: the Heart Center, the Tomball Regional Medical
Center Wound and Hyperbaric Center, and Texas Sports Medicine
Tomball Regional Medical Center is currently looking for a
Registered Nurse - Medical Surgical 5 Tower - PRN
- Under the general direction of the Director/Manager,
Medical/Surgical Unit, the Registered Nurse is responsible for the
provision of safe and effective care to patients admitted for
- Is responsible for initiating, guiding, and directing the
coordination of services provided by the nursing unit.
- Functions as a resource person for staff members and assists in
necessary education to promote effective management of the areas of
- Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care
provided by the unit.
- Makes decisions regarding activities for the unit based on
Administrative Operational Standards, Department of Nursing
Standards, Human Resource Standards, and Unit Standards with
collaboration with the Chief Nursing Officer in unusual
- Assesses, monitors, records, reports, and follows through on
symptoms or changes in patients' conditions.
- Creates and maintains accurate, detailed reports and
- Consults and coordinates with healthcare team members to
assess, plan, implement, evaluate, and modify the plan of care, as
indicated by the patient's responses and conditions.
- Delegates nursing tasks as appropriate and safe, but retains
accountability for patient care
- Provides individualized education for the patient, family, and
or caregiver throughout the continuum of care.
- Adheres to standards of safety and infection control, in the
delivery of patient care.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of and complies with all
policies and procedures related to the performance of job
- Demonstrates proficient knowledge regarding operation of
- Demonstrates proficiency in performance of job-related
- Demonstrates current knowledge of medications, actions,
contraindications, and adverse reactions.
- Consistently attends and actively participates in unit
- Serves as a participant on Nursing service committees and/or
- Accountable for maintaining and improving own professional
nursing knowledge/competence through establishment of personal
goals and continuous self-development
- Uses job knowledge/proficiency of skills to successfully assist
in orientation of new employees
- Ensures personal safety and the safety of patients and
- Includes principles of infection control in nursing care
- Demonstrates knowledge of Patient safety goals.
- Completes other activities as assigned
- Displays a positive attitude in a professional and courteous
manner on a daily basis while performing job duties.
- Accepts changes in responsibility in a positive and effective
- Accepts constructive criticism and profits by translating it
into positive action
- Displays customer service orientation when providing
- Maintains an environment conducive to open communication,
cooperation, and positive staff development through active
listening and other effective communications
- Serves as a role model to others demonstrating desirable work
habits by creating an atmosphere of pride in workmanship
- Supports hospital mission, objectives, decisions, and
- Identifies when a CNA is in need of RN assistance for
completion of patient care assignments, willing assist CNA with
passing/collecting meal trays, linen changes, bathing/ambulating
Keywords: HCA., Houston , Registered Nurse(RN) Medical Surgical, Healthcare , Tomball, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!