Posted on: September 15, 2019
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake Webster, TX Registered Nurse (RN)
Critical Care Unit (CCU)
Work Schedule: Full-time, Nights/Weekends Rotate - 7:00 p.m. - 7:00
a.m. HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake is a 490-bed acute care
facility offering inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and
specialty services. The campus includes Level II trauma
capabilities, a Neuroscience Institute, The Heart & Vascular
Hospital, a bariatrics program, the Breast Diagnostic Center, a
wound care center, a level III Neonatal ICU, and the areas only
pediatric emergency department and pediatric ICU.
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake is affiliated with HCA Houston
Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The
division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient
surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging
facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas.
Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13
off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center. HCA
Houston Healthcare Clear Lake is looking for a Registered Nurse
(RN) Critical Care Unit (CCU). , Trauma Unit The 14-bed, CCU
provides critical care services to adult and geriatric patient
- Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and
evaluating care for assigned patients.
- Responsible for meeting the Standards of Practice for the ICU
and managing all assigned personnel, supplies and equipment.
- Participates in activities to plan, measure, assess and improve
the quality of patient care.
- Responds to Code Blue situations and implements life-saving
measures per ACLS protocol.
- Interprets ECG rhythm strips and evaluates 12-lead ECGs.
- Monitors and titrates IV vasoactive, antiarrhythmic and other
- Assists with insertion of invasive lines.
- Monitors invasive pressures.
- Draws blood from arterial, CVP and other invasive lines.
- Assesses critically ill patients on an ongoing manner, per
- Accompanies and monitors patients going to other department for
- May accompany patients in transport during inter-facility
- Assumes the responsibility of charging the unit as needed.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing is
- BSN preferred
- Prior ICU experience.
- Current Texas or compact state licensure with State Board of
- Current BCLS certification from the American Heart Association
- ACLS certification within sixs months of hire.
- CCRN certification within 2-years of hire preferred.
- NIHSS certification within 6 months of hire, unless currently
certified then needs to be maintained annually.
- 8 hours of acute stroke education annually.
We offer a generous compensation package including: Vacation, 401k,
Employee Stock Purchase Plan. Dental, vision, life and disability
insurance, wellness resources and flexible spending accounts, along
with other voluntary benefit options and programs.
Come make a difference - Apply Online Now!
Keywords: HCA., Houston , CCU Nurse, Healthcare , Webster, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!