RN-II SPECIALTY-Pre Op Fannin Towers
Company: CHI St. Luke's Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center
Posted on: September 15, 2019
The Registered Nurse II practices as a full partner on the
multidisciplinary team. Independently plans, implements, and
evaluates patient care and performs related duties as required.
Assesses patient's needs for nursing care, assures continuity of
care through appropriate discharge planning, patient education and
coordination of services, and acts as a patient and family
advocate. Demonstrates and models the full range of nursing
professional practice in both patient care provided and in
development of strategies to improve patient outcomes,
satisfaction, and cost effectiveness at the unit level.
1. Demonstrates accountability for professional development that
improves the quality of professional practice and patient care.
2. Serves as a highly engaged and full partner on the care team and
responds willingly to care team member needs for assistance.
3. Adapts to change and demonstrates flexibility with the change
4. Leads multidisciplinary rounds to facilitate appropriateness of
care and smooth transitions across the continuum.
5. Effectively applies the nursing process within the framework of
the organization?s professional model of care, using the nursing
process to meet the clinical, psychosocial and spiritual needs of
the patient and family.
6. Formulates a plan of care and daily goals that takes into
consideration the individualized needs of the patient.
7. Effectively delegates care as appropriate while retaining
accountability for the quality of care given to patients and
8. Consistently documents in the patient and unit records according
to written health system standards of care in order to meet legal
and quality patient care requirements.
9. Provides safe therapeutic care in a holistic and systematic way.
Incorporates differences into the provision of care. Integrates
knowledge, skills and experiences to meet the needs of patients and
families throughout the continuum.
10. In conjunction with case management, develops a plan to connect
the patient and family to the appropriate community resources to
meet their post-acute care needs.
11. Incorporates national and organizational goals to improve
quality, patient safety and satisfaction.
12. Creates a caring and compassionate patient focused experience
by building healing relationships with patients, families, and
13. Identifies ethical situations within patient care or within the
workforce and seeks to mitigate as appropriate.
14. Practices solid communication skills and is able to articulate
and translate the patient?s condition to physicians and other
colleagues; effectively utilizes AIDET and SBAR communication
15. Demonstrates knowledge of principles of adult learning (and/or
teaching children) and applies in teaching patients, families,
students and new staff.
16. Provides detailed and appropriate teaching to patients and
families to meet regulatory requirements and effectively prepare
them for the episode of care as well as transitions from one level
of care to another.
17. Creates an environment of open dialogue, inquiry, and
continuous development by asking for feedback and improving
18. Identifies opportunities for quality improvement to colleagues
19. Applies evidence-based practice as a regular aspect of
20. Ensures improvements in the practice setting by assuming
responsibility for self-development in life-long learning.
21. Demonstrates commitment to the goals and values of patient,
hospital, community and nursing profession through cost containment
measures, maintaining confidentiality, appropriate ethical
decision-making, adherence to organizational policies and
procedures, and ensuring patient safety.
22. Demonstrates an understanding of cultural intelligence,
workplace horizontal violence and impairment and holds peers
accountable for healthy relationships.
23. Models safe work hours, time management and healthy
24. Participates in unit-based shared governance activities while
25. Takes personal accountability for improving quality, patient
safety and satisfaction outcomes.
26. Participates in quality of care activities, evaluates
Your time at work should be fulfilling. Rewarding. Inspiring.
That?s what you?ll find when you join one of our non-profit CHI
facilities across the nation. You?ll find challenging, rewarding
work every day alongside people who have as much compassion as you.
Join us and together we?ll create healthier, stronger communities.
Imagine your career at?Catholic Health Initiatives!
As a Registered Nurse, you will be responsible for delivering the
highest quality patient care according to the specific orders of
each patient?s individual physician. This will involve, utilizing
your knowledge and skills to educate patients and their families on
prevention and healthy habits.
Additional responsibilities for this health care role include:
- Monitoring patients? conditions and assessing their needs
- Collaborating with physicians and nurses to devise
individualized care plans for patients
- Administering patients? medications and providing treatments
according to physicians? orders
- Fostering a supportive and compassionate environment to care
for patients and their families
We are looking for a responsible and compassionate Registered Nurse
with top-notch clinical skills, a caring attitude, and the ability
to work independently with minimal supervision. It is also
important to display excellent verbal and written communication and
interpersonal skills as well as the ability to effectively educate
patients and their families on the in-home healthcare process.
Additional requirements for this role include:
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license that allows you to
practice in our state
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program
- Experience as a Registered Nurse preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required
- Specialty certification (ex: CCRN, CNOR, CEN) preferred?
- Additional certification or licensure may be required for some
specialty areasMinimum Experience:
? At least one (1) year of RN experience
? Demonstrated competence in Registered Nurse I performance
expectations or meets experience requirements upon hire
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
? Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational
? Sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling ? 30% - 50% of
? Twisting, climbing, balancing, kneeling, crawling, reaching,
grasping, stooping, bending and repetitive movements ? Up to 30% of
? Lifting up to 10 lbs ? Up to 30% of time
? Carrying up to 10 lbs- Up to 30% of time
? Working near moving parts ? 30% - 50% of time
The above statements reflect the general details considered
necessary to describe the essential functions of the job as
identified, and shall not be considered a detailed description of
all work requirements that may be inherent in position.
Join us at Catholic Health Initiatives, and become a part of our
faith-based health system. Additional Information
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0232448
- Schedule: Full-time
- Market: CHI St. Luke's Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center
Keywords: CHI St. Luke's Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center, Houston , RN-II SPECIALTY-Pre Op Fannin Towers, Healthcare , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!