RN - Specialty Surgery and Telemetry
Company: CHI St. Luke's Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center
Posted on: October 13, 2019
? Position Summary The Registered Nurse II practices as a full
partner on the multidisciplinary team. Independently plans,
implements, and evaluates patient care and performs related duties
as required. Assesses patient's needs for nursing care, assures
continuity of care through appropriate discharge planning, patient
education and coordination of services, and acts as a patient and
family advocate. Demonstrates and models the full range of nursing
professional practice in both patient care provided and in
development of strategies to improve patient outcomes,
satisfaction, and cost effectiveness at the unit level. Position
1. Demonstrates accountability for professional development that
improves the quality of professional practice and patient care.
2. Serves as a highly engaged and full partner on the care team and
responds willingly to care team member needs for assistance.
3. Adapts to change and demonstrates flexibility with the change
4. Leads multidisciplinary rounds to facilitate appropriateness of
care and smooth transitions across the continuum.
5. Effectively applies the nursing process within the framework of
the organization?s professional model of care, using the nursing
process to meet the clinical, psychosocial and spiritual needs of
the patient and family.
6. Formulates a plan of care and daily goals that takes into
consideration the individualized needs of the patient.
7. Effectively delegates care as appropriate while retaining
accountability for the quality of care given to patients and
8. Consistently documents in the patient and unit records according
to written health system standards of care in order to meet legal
and quality patient care requirements.
9. Provides safe therapeutic care in a holistic and systematic way.
Incorporates differences into the provision of care. Integrates
knowledge, skills and experiences to meet the needs of patients and
families throughout the continuum.
10. In conjunction with case management, develops a plan to connect
the patient and family to the appropriate community resources to
meet their post-acute care needs.
11. Incorporates national and organizational goals to improve
quality, patient safety and satisfaction.
12. Creates a caring and compassionate patient focused experience
by building healing relationships with patients, families, and
13. Identifies ethical situations within patient care or within the
workforce and seeks to mitigate as appropriate.
14. Practices solid communication skills and is able to articulate
and translate the patient?s condition to physicians and other
colleagues; effectively utilizes AIDET and SBAR communication
15. Demonstrates knowledge of principles of adult learning (and/or
teaching children) and applies in teaching patients, families,
students and new staff.
16. Provides detailed and appropriate teaching to patients and
families to meet regulatory requirements and effectively prepare
them for the episode of care as well as transitions from one level
of care to another.
17. Creates an environment of open dialogue, inquiry, and
continuous development by asking for feedback and improving
18. Identifies opportunities for quality improvement to colleagues
19. Applies evidence-based practice as a regular aspect of
20. Ensures improvements in the practice setting by assuming
responsibility for self-development in life-long learning.
21. Demonstrates commitment to the goals and values of patient,
hospital, community and nursing profession through cost containment
measures, maintaining confidentiality, appropriate ethical
decision-making, adherence to organizational policies and
procedures, and ensuring patient safety.
22. Demonstrates an understanding of cultural intelligence,
workplace horizontal violence and impairment and holds peers
accountable for healthy relationships.
23. Models safe work hours, time management and healthy
24. Participates in unit-based shared governance activities while
25. Takes personal accountability for improving quality, patient
safety and satisfaction outcomes.
26. Participates in quality of care activities, evaluates the
quality and effectiveness of nursing practice.?
Minimum Knowledge and Skills Required:
Education and Licensure:
ADN or Diploma
BLS required (and ACLS, if applicable)
Certifications for Nursing Specialty, if applicable
Current Nursing License applicable to The State of Texas Minimum
At least one (1) year of RN experience
Demonstrated competence in Clinical Nurse I performance
expectations or meets experience requirements upon hire.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
Validation is required for the skills needed in the following areas
for providing care in Medical Surgical Units:
? Bladder Scan; Perineal Care; Urinary Catheter; Abuse and Neglect
of Older Adults; Aspiration Precautions; Blood Glucose Monitoring;
Cardiac Monitor Setup and Lead Placement; Central Venous Catheter;
Fall Prevention; Isolation Precautions; Nasogastric Tube; Oral
Hygiene; Pain Assessment and Management; Restraint Application;
Suicide Assessment and Precautions; Universal Protocol for
Procedural Time-outs; Urinary Catheter; Wound Drainage
? BLS certification?PRN Requirements:?Recent hospital RN experience
- level to be determined by nurse manager?4 shifts per 6 weeks?1
weekend shift per 6 weeks?1 holiday per year
? Additional Information
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0241246
- Schedule: Part-time
- Market: CHI St. Luke's Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center
Keywords: CHI St. Luke's Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center, Houston , RN - Specialty Surgery and Telemetry, Healthcare , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!