Company: Geo Reentry Services
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Facility:--SOUTHEAST TEXAS TRANSITIONAL CENTERCompensation
Base:--Compensation Bonus (if applicable):--Equal Opportunity
Employer.SummaryUnder general supervision, prepares large
quantities of a variety of food including meats, fish, poultry,
gravies, cereals, soups, vegetables and other foods. --Uses various
methods of cooking and seasoning and adheres to proper preparations
methods. --A wide degree of creativity and latitude is
expected.Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Cooks food as directed in the operational menu plan for the
facility food service operation. Ensures recipes are extended to
the facility population requirements. Maintains accurate production
- Directs work, provides training and performs inspections of
work performed by detainee food service staff.
- Conducts orientation and training programs for staff
- Responsible for preparation scheduling and the quality
assurance of all foods and supplies.
- Responsible for placing orders for food and supplies as
assigned by management. Checks in deliveries and takes inventory of
food and supplies as required.
- Ensures the sanitation and safety program is actively practiced
in all areas of the department.
- Assists management in maintaining a high-level of good client
- Performs other duties as assigned.--Job Requirements:Minimum
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Relevant technical training courses in food service preparation
and cooking preferred. Prior cooking and correctional food service
- Minimum one (1) year prior experience in food preparation
obtained in commercial, military, or institutional setting.
- Must be able to communicate to all personnel the minimum
production/service requirements of the job.
Keywords: Geo Reentry Services, Houston , COOK, Hospitality & Tourism , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!