Company: NoPo Cafe Market & Bar
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionPosition Summary: Responsible for the set-up,
maintenance and operation of the bar area. Ensures at all times
that preparations for food and beverage are in accordance with
standard recipes. In addition bartenders must adhere to all
local/federal laws and regulations including internal employee
policies. Maintains cleanliness for bar, bar equipment and
supplies. Work with front of the house personnel to provide a
dining experience that meets or exceeds each guest's expectations.
Observes each guest to ensure they are satisfied with the food,
beverage and service, and responds to additional requests.
Responsible for overall staff performance including morale, pour
tests, punctuality, and/or disciplinary issues. Responsible for
maintaining a clean, safe and organized workplace as noted on
walk-thrus, checklists, and in compliance with all state, local and
federal codes and regulations in Employee Handbook.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Interact with guests, taking orders, and serving food and
- Assess guests' needs and preferences and make
- Mixing ingredients to prepare cocktails.
- Checking guests' identification to confirm it meets legal
drinking age as well as a valid acceptable form of
- Restock & replenish bar inventory and supplies.
- Ensure guest focused and nurture an excellent guest dining
- Compliance with all food and beverage regulations.
- Adhere to daily/weekly/monthly cleaning list.
- Ensure bar top, display shelves, & other areas in guest view
are maintained throughout shift & kept clean.
- Follow proper opening & closing procedures to set-up & close
- Accurate & Timely POS transactions for ALL guests. Immediately
ring the sale into the POS within 1-2 minutes of serving
- Quote the amount due & Present the receipt to the guest
- New orders are not to be started until the previous orders have
- Lifting – Responsible for stocking ALL bar products to include
but not limited to beer, wine, liquor, garnishes, etc. Must be able
to lift up __lbs.
- Cash Handling: Responsible & Proper procedure for Bar Drawer
and Guest transactions
- Guest Relations: Ensuring guest(s) needs and requests are met
within designated time standards. Making sure we are constantly
going above and beyond our guest expectations and standards.
- Safety & Health Guidelines: Follow ALL proper measures to
ensure personal, employee & guest safety and health.
- Inventory Management: Follow all guidelines in regards to
proper "pour" procedures to ensure quality of drinks as well as
responsible alcohol service.
- May be asked to conduct pour test(s) periodically.
- Proven work experience as a bartender
- Excellent knowledge of mixing, garnishing, and serving
- Computer Literacy
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Ability to keep the bar organized, stocked, and clean
- TABC Certified
Keywords: NoPo Cafe Market & Bar, Houston , Bartender, Hospitality & Tourism , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!