Account Manager Retail SMB - Houston, TX
Posted on: September 23, 2022
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology and
communications services, transforming the way we connect across the
globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared
ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to
learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create
within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and
you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
You will introduce small and medium business customers to the
latest high-tech 5G products and services that solve their unique
business needs. You will interact with our small and medium
business customers in the retail store and digitally. You may also
follow up on existing leads through outbound calling. You'll
demonstrate the value of our products and services by introducing
end-to-end technology solutions to energize their businesses.
Driving small business results, you'll generate new business
through networking and working leads and referrals as part of a new
project within R2B designed to capture in-store SMB adds, alongside
our consumer peers, including evenings and Saturday shifts.
You will be assigned a store/stores based on business needs, which
can change every 30 to 90+ days. This means that you will not have
a permanent store/stores, but instead will cover vacancies anywhere
throughout the Director territory. Should an R2B AM role be vacated
within a reasonable distance, you would be moved to support that
permanent store/stores assignment. Once transferred, you will then
be responsible for all job responsibilities of an R2B AM.
- Driving small business results through the retail channel by
partnering with and mentoring Consumer Retail Sales
- Capturing business opportunities via in-store traffic and
partnering with the preexisting R2B AM to maximize their
- Utilizing solutions-based selling techniques to solve business
problems for your customers.
- Servicing the needs of the existing customer base.
- Using sales enablement systems and tools to track, forecast,
manage your pipeline and book of business.
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that
includes work from home and assigned office days set by your
manager. You'll work afternoons, evenings, and Saturdays. Sample
schedule (days off and hours may vary based on coverage needs):
Tues-Fri, 11am-8pm, and Sat, 10am-7pm.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in sales, marketing or customer service.
- Valid driver's license and successful completion of motor
vehicle report check is required.
- Willingness to travel.
- Willingness to work evenings and Saturdays.
- Willingness to pivot to other projects within R2B as
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree - Associates or Bachelor's Degree or related
- Outside sales experience including outbound prospecting.
- Wireless sales experience exceeding quota.
- Experience influencing a team to drive sales results.
- Capability to drive positive results in a team
- People skills for influencing, negotiating, conflict
resolution, and the demonstrated ability to build trust and act as
an influencer at all levels. :
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our
employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity
makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check
out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides
reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g.,
for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be
provided during the hiring process.
Keywords: Verizon, Houston , Account Manager Retail SMB - Houston, TX, Hospitality & Tourism , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!